Mountain Buzz banner

Lost my boat on Foxton $100 reward

4K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  DanOrion 
#1 ·
I took a swim last night (Wednesday August 2) on Foxton below the third drop. OK, no lip about being lame here.

Anyway, during my rock-filled swimfest, the boat got away and ended up pinned downstream. We tried to get it loose, but no luck. As it was getting dark, my buddies and I had to leave it.

Boat is a Jackson 4-fun, yellow with my name and phone number written inside. I guess I'll need to offer a reward to ever see it again. So, if anyone recovers my boat and returns it in good condition (not crushed or caved in) I'll pony up a hundred bucks! It also has flotation and a throw bag that need to come home with it for the big payday.

Thanks.

Dave Cooke (720) 234-6318 (cell) 303 445-1730 (home) 720 931-4482 work email: davidvcooke@yahoo.com

#6 ·
Even if any deacent boater would return the boat for free (which I agree with), if the guy is offering a reward for his boat and asking for someone to bring it back, he could just ask for the boat back, after all, it isn't the fault of the person who finds the boat if stuff is missing, or the boat is damaged.

But anyway, good luck and hope you get the boat back.

#9 ·
Boat recovered

Thanks for the mostly supportive and very interesting responses to my posting. Sorry if I offended anyone by only offering to pay for a usable boat. My bad. For anyone who had good karma going for me, the next beer is on me. The local fire company recovered the boat (but did suggest a cash donation!) Peace.

#10 ·
Let us not forget, dude, that the bastard still owes ice cream to his friends for swimming.

Decency went out of style in 2001. If I have to rescue you and all your crap, then its a hot fudge shake. Gas station ice cream if I have fewer rolls than you. Playboating doesn't count.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.