Old 03-24-2006   #11
In this bullshit three-ring circus sideshow of freaks, Arkansas
Paddling Since: 1986
Send a message via AIM to kayakArkansas

When did I hear you correctly in that the Talullah is releasing in a couple weeks? I may try and make it out but I don't know that I'll have anyone to boat with. If you're heading that way I may try and boat with you or something. Can anybody vouch for this guy? J/K.....

--Z Dub

kayakArkansas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006   #12
In this bullshit three-ring circus sideshow of freaks, Arkansas
Paddling Since: 1986
Send a message via AIM to kayakArkansas
Alright so I'm sitting here at work bored out of my mind w/ a stack of paper-work to finish the size of Mount Washington and I can't bring myself to work for one more minute. Obviously I can't read as Newby obviously wrote "Chalullah"......Oh for my stash Newby, I'm sure that'll be long gone. As for making it back for another release day, I can't remember if it's on a weekend or not. If not, I won't be there cause I can't call in sick anymore....boss's orders......I also still don't have my creeker back and I'm not sure I feel like challenging the river God's in my G-Force right after my knee heals up....So....if anyone can loan me a creeker and get me a new job that is more interesting,,,,,hit me up!!!! As for the dude who biffed it, I don't know where he actually swam cause I was a couple miles upstream when it happened. I just saw the Rangers and the Ambulance making their way down the canyon. My guess would be he tried to swim into the giant patch of slow-water on river left right above the falls and ended up swimming the boof move...not a good deal. I actually got a really cool picture of the boof on river left (my girlfriend took it actually) right before my swim....funny how a picture can make you look so styling right before you yard-sale all your shit!!! SYOTR

--Zach W

kayakArkansas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006   #13
Front Range, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Hey Zach,
You did read correctly indeed, my friend.
"Che-lullah" is what all these really creative (& undoubtably, totally cool) Southeastern boaters have named the weekends when both the Cheoah and Tallulah will be releasing simultaneously.

Pick your poison the weekends of April 1 & 2, or 8th & 9th..... and drop a line before you head this way! We should have folks going both places both weekends, but who the hell knows who'll end up where on what day just yet?

newby0616 is offline   Reply With Quote