Old 05-30-2006   #1
looking for some fun girls to kayak with

I've been out in my boat a few times and have taken kayaking classes, but don't feel totally comfortable rolling. I'd love to meet up with a couple of chicas who want to practice rolling in the Res or maybe do some of the easier sections of the Boulder Creek or the Poudre. I live in Boulder - send me a message if you're interested!

erica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006   #2
Steamboat, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Hell yeah

I am not exactly a beginner but I would love to kayak with you! I currently work in Golden and live south of Denver...I worked on the Poudre pushing rubber for five seasons so I know the river really well if you want to head up there sometime. You can give me a call if you want, I will be in Golden all day tomorrow probably at the play park (I have a pink helmet with purple stars)
720 936 6330

conmihupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006   #3
Interior Designer
Send a message via ICQ to carolinagirl
Hey Erica,

Check your PM's.

carolinagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006   #4
I'll boat with ya if I'm in the area. I'll send you a PM when I know exact dates. I may be up there in July sometime.
Withdrawn 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006   #5
Aurora, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Poudre this weekend.

I'm out just about every weekend and one day during the week if I can swing it. I'm on the Colorado Whitewater board so I hit most of their club weekends, too.
If you're not a member, you might want to think about joining. Its a good way to get some cheap and responsible instruction. I learned early on that you have to be pretty careful about who you boat with if you aren't familiar with the run.
We will be on the Poudre this weekend and I am pretty sure we will be taking people down the filter plant run. There are also lots of places where you could work on your roll.
We are talking about putting together a weeknight outing on the lake for roll practice, but haven't gotten a lot of interest.
Anyway, you can send me an e-mail at if you are interested in joining us for a trip.

kclowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006   #6
303, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
I would totally love to paddle with ya some time. I have been trying to find more girls to boat with. I know a few other girl boaters that are trying to get comfy with their rolls as well.
I am also pretty good at helping with rolls, i teach like 30 people a semester how to roll in the club.
let me know if you wanna hit up something on the N. St. Vrain, Boulder Creek, Clear Creek... or if you need a buddy on the res.
I will be in Boulder the entire summer and am off work by 5.
CUkayakGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006   #7
Grad Student
welcome to Kayakin

I paddle with christine, the CU Kayking club prez... and I just got my first combat roll a few weeks ago (read: I'm relatively new to yakin too...) so, let me know if you wanna run some easy stuff, and I know Christine and I will come along and help ya out a bit. All the water is a bit high right now, but it should be droppin in the next few weeks...

There is no such thing as bad weather, only inappropriate clothing.
caligirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006   #8
Hey Erica and other boater gals...I'd love to practice rolling in the rez and getting out on class 2/3 runs. I live in Boulder and work at home, so my schedule is flexible. I've been getting up to the Poudre a lot lately. Let me know when you want to get out.

Pips is offline   Reply With Quote