Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking

Old 08-24-2004   #1
looking for Golden municipal contact Re: Waterpark

The city of Kent, Ohio (home of Kent State University) is considering a proposal to build a modest whitewater park on a strech of the Cuyahoga river. (Please, no burnng jokes. It's much cleaner now, probably even as clean as that stretch of the South Platte you all play around with in Denver!)

Anyway, one of the city officials here would be interested in having a conversation with an appropriate official in Golden, whose ww park I was extolling to him today. What particularly impressed him, I think, was how the park is attractive to a variety of people including families, tubers, and of course, kayakers and how attractive a setting it is in the downtown area.

Could anybody give me a name of someone within the city of Golden that might be willing to take a phone call on this subject? I suspect our guy will want to discuss issues like liability, maintenance, and other practical matters.

treynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004   #2
Salida, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
I will get you a name today. The guy that we dealt with over the years left his position with Golden last year. If you want a contact in Salida call Julie Szymula 719-539-4555. You can check our website www.wwparks.com for info.

Mike Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004   #3
Thanks, Mike

I appreciate your help. I will also get your url to the people working on our project. It is still very much in the lobbying stage, but we are getting positive noises from the city.
If you would prefer, you can email me the Golden contact at treynolds@tribute.com

treynolds is offline   Reply With Quote