Mountain Buzz banner

looking for folks to run whitewater on Poudre in oar rigs

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  rickbehning 
#1 ·
Hola! I am looking for folks who want to run oar rigs down the Poudre. Anywhere except the Narrows and Falls. I have run most of the river below Tunnel to the Upper Narrows, and then below the narrows and down. Good Fun!

#2 ·
poudre in oar rigs

I am looking to run it Sunday morning, I have a 14 foot bucket boat, oar rig, a friend of mine also is interested, has a 14 foot self bailer, although he does run some stuff in paddle fashion.

I have not run the poudre yet, but am interested in some of the technical stuff, I plan on at least scouting upper narrows, as it looks like a straight forward chute, but probably won't get the nerve up to run it this year.

feel free to give me a ring to discuss. 970-978-1627, live in greeley.

#5 ·
I am planning on running my cat down mish. on sunday morning. I've ran this section a half dozen times over the last couple of years. Would consider the rustic section, although I've never ran it. I'll be heading up from loveland and willing to carpool. My email is hippo<at>4dv<dot>net

#6 ·
sunday oar rig run....

holy cow, I had way too many people in my bucket boat on sunday. We made it ok through the upper mish section but by the time we hit the inn, I was full of water and too heavy to get to shore, no real eddies to pull into, just about everyone got left behind the boat cause they couldn't pull it to shore, so I ended up having to jump out and get dragged along for 100 yards or so before I could get the rope wrapped around a rock in the water near the shore and some of the other folks were able to walk down the road after what seamed like forever and help me get the boat tied down so we could bail it. What an experience.

was a great level, the rapids are more challenging than they look, lots of moves, one after the other, keep the boats light and ride the roller coaster!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.