Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking

Old 07-10-2011   #1
Topanga, California
Paddling Since: 1976
Looking for a grade 2-4 wildeness trip 5 days

I was a guide in Australia for many years and have been paddling for 35 years. Want to do a wilderness trip August 13-20 for 5-6 days or so. Want to take a raft and some inflatable kayaks. Any suggestions? I would love a bit of whitewater but its more about the place than the rapids for me at the moment. Based in LA but happy to travel but would like to stay out west

refilms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011   #2
Albany, Oregon
Paddling Since: 2002
Lower Salmon would seem to fit your goals and timeframe best. No advance permit limitation, great sandy beaches, fun water...
I'm planning a trip there that week, PM me with your group details if interested.

malloypc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011   #3
Breckenridge, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1986
The stretch of the Green River from the town of Green River to Mineral Bottom is flat as a pancake but scenic with sandy beaches - no permit required. Lower Salmon is indeed better but further drive...could try for either a Desolation and Greys permit 6 days (usually not that hard to get), class III and sany beaches, possibly bugs, or Gates of Lodore (permit harder to get) 4-5 days Class III/IV, gorgous.
melissawd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011   #4
Bend, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1975
Is this Randal "the Handle" from the Tully??

Just got off the Rogue in Southern Oregon. 4 days and cancellation permits seem plentiful for small trips this year. Let me know if you want more details.

Raging Thunder 1991? ish
Aerocam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011   #5
Topanga, California
Paddling Since: 1976
Wow small world. What's up Carl? Why aerocam? Are you into the film industry?how do we get in touch
refilms is offline   Reply With Quote