Old 11-09-2005   #1
Lookin for GJ paddlers

Hola. Just relocated to Grand Junction from NM (Check out Atom's is awesome! Que viva Nuevo Mexico.).

Seeking out my tribe....any paddlers in Grand Junction? Willing to share beta? Have done Westie, would like to check out Shoshone, but not too familiar with the area otherwise. Anywhere to play nearby? Pool sessions? Crazy like minded folk willing to drive after work/weekends for water? Not quite a epic CO gnar boater, but Class III/IV.

moshe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005   #2
Bugtussle, Kentucky
Might be running Shoshone this weekend, probably continue to town and hit the hot springs before the takeout. Had 'em to ourselves last saturday, great day. Nothing like putting on with snow on the ground...

You are welcome to come along with us if we go. I'm addicted as well, so you should join us. Class III boaters, looking to push it up a notch next year.

Mesa State has pool sessions on monday night, I'm always looking for people to go with.

Welcome to CO.

desertrat75 @

bjett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005   #3
Welcome to GJ Marjo. I think those pool sessions moved to Thursday 7 to 9:30 PM at MSC. I'd be down for some winter paddling also. Two good options are Shoshone class III and flow dependent Cross Mountain Gorge IV for winter paddling. I've been busy lately, but give me a call if you want to go some weekend.
970 210 4356
cemartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005   #4
Curtis from Selway?

Is this Curtis from the Selway? Hey it's Jim from that trip. I was watching the video I took a couple nights ago and it brought back some good memories of that trip. Justin and his PFD, the Idaho gold, and Todd getting stuck at the take-out. Hope all is going well with you Curtis and have a great winter. Cheers!
"Just what in the hell do you think you're doing?" "Well, learning about Cuba and having some food."
jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005   #5
Hi Jim,
Good to hear from you. That sure was a great trip. We had a great group of people and some wild times out there. I didn't know that Hoss got stuck at the takeout because we left early that night to go do one last run down the Lochsa. Was it bad? It must have been bad since he was driving that 3/4 ton truck. Are you applying for permits in ID this year? We should discuss good dates to set up another trip.
cemartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005   #6
Que bueno

Brandon and Curtis.

Thanks. Took your email and digits.

Not sure I can make this Sat. Brandon, but game every opportunity after. If it changes to Sunday let me know. And if there is a pool sesh Thurs. will probably go.

Contact info.
505-699-8532 cell
work (local #) 263-9635
Old 11-10-2005   #7
Go down to Whitewater West and talk to Pete. He'll get you connected with the boating club there. A good guy and a decent starting place for you to get some contacts going.

Rich Phillips
richp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005   #8
Carefull guys,
Marjo is a man eater and she is single! Just kidding Marjo, Have a blast up there and see ya thanksgiving. Let's talk about a mexico trip.
Stay upright. Luv ya, Atom....
action is the enemy of thought
atom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005   #9
ha ha

Atom, you are gonna get me in trouble. Not bad enough you have carnage footage of me you are promoting across the U.S., now both my reputation as a boater and chick will precede me.

Mexico is on. Weeman wants to go last I heard.

Perhaps a new vid project for ya - Gringos Guide to Mexico DVD? Video versions of the put in and take outs!

See ya Turkey Day.
Old 11-13-2005   #10
You need to come to the pool on thursdays at 7 oclock and meet your new boating crew. We have a good group, some are from Mesa State.
The only play spot, right now is Lucky 7 and its big- Josh, Jesse and I were there saturday around five.

Hi Curtis, I am Josh's friend Lucas

luke c is offline   Reply With Quote