Old 01-08-2008   #1
lookin for AZ creekin beta

I notice AZ has been getting a lot of rain and shit is starting to go off. I was wondering if any one out there had any beta on creeks that could or are running down in AZ, where they are, what there like, so on and so forth. I live in durango and if anyone is interested in making a trip next week let me know. given that shit is still runnin next week. thanks

Dano the mano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008   #2
Mad Scientist/Creeker
HOOOOOLLLLLLLLY SHEEEEEEEEEET! The Tonto Gauge just crested 8 or 9,000 and is coming back down.

I couldn't tell I was too excited. Dano - you need to get in the car and start driving now. This will not last until next week but there is probably a two to maybe three day window to get down there and run the Tonto and/or Christopher Creek. If you or anyone else is really going to rally down there I may be able to go. Post here please. *Must leave by tonight* Probably need to be paddling by tomorrow to really catch it. More rain is not in the forecast. C'mon. Who wants to go? We need a fast car and a departure time in the very near future. Anybody? Christopher + Hellsgate. Could be three days of sickness.

Evan Stafford
Cub boater: "What do the spiders mean?" Old fart boater: "Trust your intuition." CRCII
RiverWrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008   #3
Durango, Colorado

Call Wade. He was chomping at the bit to get down to the Salt yesterday (which hit 10 grand on the Chrysotile gauge and close to 30 grand on the Rosevelt gauge) but was thwarted by rockfall on the roads. He may still be heading that way today or tomorrow.

storm11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008   #4
God Amongst Men
Phuoc My, Da Nang, THE 'NAM
Paddling Since: 1845
mr cody howard and mike fisher are two of your finest resources, if you can get a hold of them. they know az more than just about anyone around!
"Don't f$&@ing eddy out, just run it! Whaddya doin??" -LMyers
yetigonecrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008   #5
in the ditches, ......
Paddling Since: 1996
Dropping like a rock.

Whats up fellas. Shit did hit the fan here the other day. I was in L.A. getting some more first descents and got skunked, when all of a sudden this freak storm back-doored us. So it was gigantic. Tyler Williams and i got skunked on a coupla first d's because the water was TOO BIG....that has never happened to me before in AZ.

-its dropping fast.

-we just got in on the first "known" descent of Devil's Canyon of Queen Creek.....if you have run it or know of someone who has run it before....let me know and i'll retract that statement. But, i'm know for a fact that nobody has stepped up to some of the shit we ran today.

-christopher is out. tonto is dropping like a rock....and would be chancing it for sure if you where to put on Hellsgate....but what the hell, try it anyways, i'm in!

-Evan. Got your voicemail...don't have a # to call though (i jumped in the water with my phone and lost all the numbers) call me back for sure...if you all are in route!
The impossible is merely the undone. -CS
codyhoward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008   #6
in the ditches, ......
update part dos

-cc has just been reported as "bone zone" you could if you wanted to.

-Salt will hold for a little bit, maybe the weekend.
The impossible is merely the undone. -CS
codyhoward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008   #7
Durango, Colorado
This weekend

If there is still any water and anyone is headed down, let me know and I'll go. The gauges:

USGS Real-Time Data for Arizona_ Streamflow

jmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008   #8
Father of illegitimate San Juan sasquatch children, Climax. CO
Just got back from the salt. Chased 3500-4500 all the way down an overnight. Ledges-bueno. Everything else class 4. Didn't have time to stay for tonto which looks good on the guage I just checked. When we got to the salt river bridge there was big rockslides everywhere closing the road and all the creeks were completely dropping out. We thought that trying to get something obscure could just skunk us. Good job Cody on your first d. Juanny

floaty22 is offline   Reply With Quote