Little South Poudre-git sum - Mountain Buzz

Old 06-13-2011   #1
Spits Hot Fire

N. Cascades, Washington
Little South Poudre-git sum

Highest I've ever paddled it, which doesnt mean a whole lot but it was outfuckingstanding today. Felt juicy and with no portages. Said to be an inch higher than Sunday. Definitely did not feel shallow. If you're up to it, I think the quality of the run at this time is much better then the guidebooks have always suggested.

Definitely wood to be aware of as well but we stayed in our boats the whole time. Be careful..but get sum!!

Advertisement

Old 06-13-2011   #2

the fort, Colorado
anyone be down to hit it this weekend if flows stay up? have never run this so would llike to get a group with some people that know the lines
prozoned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011   #3
Likes it wet.

Seattle, Washington
Paddling Since: 2006
I'm in before Fibark. Let's get it bud! 240-423-2370.
LiquidGuy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2011   #4

Ft Collins, Colorado
Did you catch the level on the gauge on the bridge at the putin (it's on the upstream side, river left)? The lower gauge at the confluence with the main Poudre was 1 3/4 when we went by on Sunday afternoon. My recollection is that 90 on the gauge is a very good med-high level. I'd guess it's really rockin' at 95 or higher.
johng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011   #5
Spits Hot Fire

N. Cascades, Washington
Sorry, unfortunately no I didnt look at the upper gauge and long since gave up on the lower gauge. I was too distracted by shiny firearms and helping get Jacks tiny 1983 skirt on his Villain rental. High side of good...i've always wanted to say that. And I should correct myself, the last guidebook says its worth doing at high water...so it's high..and probably approaching that 5- range I'd say. But i'd give her 4stars right now. ymmv.

Regarding the lines..Eric made a half joking comment today that i'd agree with. Everything is pretty much down the middle. Really.
Old 06-13-2011   #6

Told you it was better than the nf...
Nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011   #7
Spits Hot Fire

N. Cascades, Washington
I just needed more aqua before I took your word.

Maybe a lil JoeW soon eh?
Old 06-14-2011   #8

Greeley, Colorado
Paddling Since: 84
The gauge on the put-in bridge surged from 8.25 -8.75. While Kent and Jack blasted the Red Bull can with the 1911 and duct taped Jacks skirt, I looked at the gauge. The run is clean with plenty of fish habitat. It's the NEW Little South! Getchurselfsum! Guns, beer, bikes, and boats! BTW-Two runs in a row and they both took 2 hrs and 20 minutes. Ok Flowtorch, you can give me shit now for getting on the Buzz. I'll try not to make a habit of this. Just trolling. BTW2-Anyone else crack their Villain yet?
ericnourse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011   #9

Arkansas during the off-season Nomadic during the summers! :), Arkansas & Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidGuy87 View Post
I'm in before Fibark. Let's get it bud! 240-423-2370.
Yo Mike, Also wouldn't mind getting on it before heading to Fibark.
gannon_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011   #10

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
You guys got any estimates for how long it would take a party that didn't know the run at all (competent boaters)? Fc-FC? or takeout to takeout, whatever. Been trying to get on this with some flow for a while, but looks like time constraints might be a concern...looking at Friday with most of the day available if their's any guides in the bunch that want another lap.
cheers,
ian
stubby is offline   Reply With Quote