Old 03-08-2006   #1
link for US whitewater center

very cool, surprised I haven't heard mo' about it.

BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006   #2
It is very cool I'm jealous .I read a while back about a similar project in Florida anyone know the status of that park.I'll dig thru stacks of mags and try to find the article .

cayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006   #3

They are trying to build one in Glasgow Scotland as well, but it seems to be moving at a snails pace. The website above doesn't seem to shed much light on the reality of it happening. Looks like the one in Charotte is a go, as if they didn't already have enough whitewater down there! I wonder if the one in Greece survived? Designer waves are here, I'd like a lefthand Gucci hole w/ a deep pocket and a nice pile (and no line). Hard to believe Vail or Aspen hasn't glommed onto this notion.
kozmonot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006   #4
I live in Charlotte and just walked thru the WW Park. The construction is coming along and should be open sometime in June 2006. It is going to be pretty damn cool for a man made course. It will be the largest in the world with 4400' of ww channel and a major river feature almost every 50'. I have heard that the play wave will be between 2'-7' and can be adjusted on the fly. Anyway the site for the center doesn't have the latest pics. It is something to see. Anyone looking for more details drop me an email and I'll get you whatever info I can.

ncpat is offline   Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off