Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking

Old 06-20-2008   #61
denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1994
Nude swim

Boofinton and I ran Big South in some old pbr half barrells, pdf's only. Man it was a lot harder than I thought but I had my whistle. After some serious carnage we decided upper mish would be more our level. Serious carnage on mish as well. I guess all the whistle blowing attracted the rollers 'cause although we only saw two police officers in one police car on our way to the put in, when we got to mish inn there were five police officers and three police cars. They was taking plaster tire tracks, foot prints, dog smelling prints, and they took twenty seven eight-by-ten colour glossy photographs with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one explaining what each one was to be used as evidence against us. We lost one of the barrels so were charged with littering rather than public nudity. Now my fingerprints are in whitehall house.

Its called a Lurk. Its what the old Norwegians used before we cut em up into two pieces
SSOWDEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008   #62
Lakewood, Colorado
I took my first swim in two years yesterday on Lower Mish just below Ouzel. Sticky ass ledge hole that I dropped into as I was dozing off in the flatwater. Had to take a deep greenwater dive to get out although my boat flushed right away.

mjpowhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008   #63
Bham, Washington
Paddling Since: 1997
Where the hell is FRF (aka front range fish) admittance???
The high side of good - Daniel D
Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008   #64
Littleton, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1998
great thread! here's mine from paddlefest

I posted these in the other weekend carnage thread, but I'll post 'em again just to add to the list:

pine creek hole and #4 swims from Paddlefest--first time in pine ck, first class V attempt--ran upper pine creek solid, then hit the left move above the hole too high, spun out, then flipped, after giving up on the brace, thinking "I'll just roll right up" --uh-uh, the boiling water wasn't having any of that (note to self: never give up on the brace) so then proceeded to go into the hole upside down and yardsaled my boat and paddle--thanks to Eric, Andy, Dan, and Clint variously for the bulls-eye rope throw, gear recovery, gear ferrying, etc. Then, fell asleep at the wheel into a nice rock on # 4 which sent me right over, into about 10" deep water, dragging on the rocks which wouldn't allow me to set up my paddle to roll, while simultaneously crushing my knuckles--hello, can u say offside roll? That was a pretty painful day!

I have to say that I like this thread--good for the frequently bruised ego to know that I'm not the only swimmer in the state, even if I am pretty much the only swimmer in my crew

Jay H is offline   Reply With Quote