Old 03-03-2011   #11
Abron Cabron
Santa Fe, Nuevo Mexico
Paddling Since: 1999
yeah I am not too flexible either, with big skier thighs, and the thigh braces in my EZG would seriously crimp my quads, sort of over the femoral area. that sounds like a partial culprit. I should have taken out the adjustable SOBs and just glued foam in there. luckily that boat is on to the next one....
if I recall the micro doesnt have any of that removable stuff, just a lip padded with foam coming down inside the boat. if that cuts across your femoral area (inner thigh) that could cause decreased circulation. there is also the Sciatic (sp?) nerve that gives a lot of people leg pain. Maybe thats part of it. If you cant adjust/ customize your outfitting to max comfort then...see my prior long winded post, and what Ture said. Good luck!

abron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011   #12
pnw, Washington
Oh, well if you have big thighs look elsewhere and sell the WS boat. Those things are uncomfy as hell for folks with larger thighs. Pyranha and Jackson have better thigh braces for larger thighs. People always told me that the Big EZ was the most comfy boat in the world. I never lasted more than 10 minutes in it before I was in pain.

"Yesterday I was clever and tried to change the world. Today I am wise and try to change myself." -Rumi
gh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011   #13
Idaho Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1976
See how ramped up your seat is. If there's foam under it, pull it out to lower the seat in the boat. Can't remember if they had the old suspended seats. Numb legs were always prevalent in the older boats. Try paddling an old Dagger Crossfire. Those thigh braces splayed you out in a bad way. Check your thigh braces and see how agressive they are. If they're very curved, you can cut or grind them down. You might even be able to move them forward or back like in the new boats. You'll probably have to redrill, and then Aqua Seal the old holes. Best bet...go see Scott at Confluence. Tell him Dale sent ya.
clearcreekontherise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011   #14
., Washington, D.C.
Paddling Since: 95
In addition to tweaking your outfitting, definitely get into a stretching routine. I was never anything close to flexible and still cannot touch my toes, but have had much more comfort in my boat since I started spending 15 minutes a day doing stretches. Better yet start taking yoga if you have the time.
Pickle-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011   #15
Lakewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2009
Thanks for info

Thanks all for info. I'm going to bust my boat out and watch TV in the living room and figure this out move things around get in get out adjust this or that. And yeah I do need more flexibility I cramp up still in my play boat and need to work on shoulder range of motion if I ever want to learn to do anything besides front surf. I would sell the damn boat but can't afford a new one so I'll rock the hell out of the P.O.S I got. Thanks hope to meet some of you this season I frequent Golden alot so see yeah.
rodgers712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011   #16
Lakewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2009

PS: I'm also going to the pool session in Arvada on Sunday 6th if anyones going to be there.

rodgers712 is offline   Reply With Quote