Old 03-08-2006   #11
Durango, CO
Paddling Since: 1990
There's a link to a nice slide tribute to Daniel on in the forum under the username Damian.Being computer deficient,I can't figure out how to attach the link.

A life well lived, and in life well loved

d.e. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006   #12
Durango, CO
Paddling Since: 1990
The slide tribute is actually from '' zombie''/ devotedly on boatertalk.

d.e. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006   #13
They've got a hell of a team up there now, Beavers, Matt Sheridan, the Chunderboy, Zirchleback and now Delavern. I'm sure those guys will be glad to have their boy up there with them though. Beavers and the Chunderboy probably have a slingshot in his hand already if those two haven't been kicked out yet. At least we still have Hillke down here. Someone keep an eye on that guy, we're losing all are heavy hitters down here. If any of his boys make it out to cali to leave a little bit of him in one of his favorite places let me know. I'd be honored to be on that trip.

Jared Johnson
waynechorter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006   #14
Tokyo, Japan, Tokyo
Send a message via Skype™ to Maya_
So for all of you who didnt get it, this was sent out on the mailing list. It is pretty much of what you`ve already posted....Since I am in a different time zone I didnt hear about it until this morning. Sincerely, what a loss! I can only hope that Daniel`s incredible contributions to our sport will be remembered and built on in the years to come.

Dear Friends

As some of you may know, Daniel DeLaVergne, co-founder and president of Penstock Productions, producers of LVM and Kayak Journal, was in a horrific accident on Tuesday afternoon. He was apparently on his way to check out a site to shoot some video when he was struck by a train. He sustained massive head and internal trauma. Efforts were made to save his life by a crew of valiant paramedics and as many as half a dozen surgeons. However, the brain injuries proved to be to severe, and he will be taken off of life support this evening.
There will be a service in Asheville tomorrow night (Thursday), and then the funeral will be held in Tampa, FL, Daniel's hometown over the weekend. This is all the information that i have right now. Keep checking here and the IR and LVM site for updates.
As you know, Daniel was as close as a friend you could have and business partner as IR shared an interest in LVM, and as such, we will do everything we can to organize the efforts. There are a lot of things that need to be worked out as far as emotions go, and after we have taken care of that, we will let you know more about the timelines for anything related to a memorial fund and LVM/Kayak Journal.
In regard to a memorial fund, please continue your efforts to raise money locally and as soon as we can think clearly again, we will have a fund set up through IR/LVM for Daniel that you can donate this money to.
In the meantime, go out and paddle, do something you've always wanted to do. Daniel was doing it, and doing it well. His vision and creativity was inspiring, and his legacy and spirit will continue on.

Friends and Admirers of Daniel
phone: 814 443 9180
Maya_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006   #15
waynechorter - I sent you a PM

waynechorter - I sent you a PM
Raleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006   #16
Mad Scientist/Creeker
"Alright, we are now 3 and 1/2 miles into the Upper Upper Clavey and it's a piece of sh!t! We've got to f%cking hike out because it's too manky and it's too high and even if it was low it would still be manky as sh!t! There's about 39 6 foot drops down there and they all land in a f%cking sieve. So here we f%cking go. The best part about kayaking right here."
-Amongst It-

That man knew what kayaking was all about. Rest In Peace. My thoughts and prayers to all of Daniels family and friends. Keep hiking in to to find the goods. That's what he would have wanted.

RiverWrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006   #17
student wasted state, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Send a message via AIM to vaultman14
we will miss you................
vaultman14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006   #18
Roger Lougnhney of IR sent out this message today. The Green River Access fund is administered by Liquid Logic. Having Daniel's name associated with maintaining access to a run that meant so much to him seems a fitting way to honor his memory.

Dear Friends
I am sorry the time and date went out wrong, but with folks flying in from NZ,California, Chile, Argentina and Costa Rica there was not enough time to get those loved ones here before then. The memorial will be held on Friday at 8 PM at Asheville Pizza and Brewing Company, on the game room side.
His family has asked that donations be made to the
Green River Access Fund
765 Crest Rd
Flat Rock, NC 28773
That would have been his wish.
As soon as I have information on the funeral date, time and location, I will pass it along.
If you have any questions, let me know.

Roger Loughney
Mike B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006   #19
Asheville, North Carolina
Paddling Since: 98
I tried to post this pic of Daniel in Argentina but it would'nt display. Here's a link if anyone wants to check it out:

bowen is offline   Reply With Quote