Old 02-13-2008   #11
The next zone, .
Yea if it were not for Mead and the boat all of my gamblin would be done in south lake. Vegas cant beat a couple of nights at the Block, skiing durring the day, and poker at night.

My old lady has kept me in line for the past 5 or so years. She usually hangs out on the boat all day then goes into town to give us a ride back. We have had some great parties on that boat.. If you are lookin for women like that sj go to buenos not vegas..

As far as poker.. I have not bought into any game with anything but winnings in the past 4 years. My dumb ass plays 3 night a week. Hope to qualify for the Main one of these years. I cant put up the $10,000 entry so I will keep tryin.

The water they can replace but the electricity will be another story..

Jahve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008   #12
The electricity is a big issue but hey the wind always blows in Nevada.(must resists cuz California sucks joke) Rednk I have 5 vices and Gambling and whoring don't make the list . sj

sj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008   #13
Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
Yeah, the situation is going to get desperate in the Colorado basin, and lake mead may be doomed. Even Powell isn't out of the woods. 30 million people live in the Colorado river basin, and it's still the fastest growing part of the country. And heavy duty engineering projects just aren't going to fix the situation. I attended a talk at School of Mines on Monday by Brad Udall, who's done a lot of research on Climate change and its repercussions for the Colorado river basin. Situation does not look good. He hinted that within the next year or so, you may even hear of a proposal to bring Mississippi river water to the front range!
benpetri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008   #14
The Road, Colorado
Paddling Since: '07
Send a message via Yahoo to Badazws6
Originally Posted by sbratt View Post
We have 19 tunnels that pump water from the western slope to the front range areas. Colorado Springs isn't even built on a river. We have tons of dumb fuck water hogs in this state that think it's their own god given right to have a fucking green lawn in the desert. We have to start educating people to conserve. We aren't even self sustaining on the Front range as it is.

The next time you see a water buffalo washing off his drive way, pistol whip the son of a bitch!

PS. Sign your ass up for the Vertical Challenge
I think I saw a report at some point that said 60% of potable water in the summer went to lawns... That doesn't even include pools. Grass is GOOD but it doesn't always have to be green people!
Life: Live it!
Badazws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008   #15
Not a river guide, Ft. FunK
All your water are belong to us.
Devils advocate
gapers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008   #16
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1988
Groundwater storage link

Here is a link for some Aquifer storage info. Water Information
Aquifer storage will be an important part of the water supply puzzle.
It eliminates Evaporation loss, and does not require new reservoirs,
but it does require significant power, for water quality, and pumping. and other infrastructure.

Just because Highlands Ranch does not currently use west slope water, does not mean that community is a responsible water user. Groundwater depletion in the South Metro area and the unsustainability of this water supply is one of the main reasons we are faced with additional water projects.

On the other Hand, Agriculture currently uses about 85% of the water consumed in the South Platte basin. SO its not all about our lawns...It might be about your Dinner.

Food For Thought

Juan De Confluence is offline   Reply With Quote