Old 07-13-2009   #1
The next zone, .
Lake Creek Reminder

The Lake Creek Big 4 are at the perfect level right now... Everything is clean... There is a new log jam just below kiss me that you can avoid on the river left.. Kinda tight but if you just ran kiss me it should be no problem!

Just a update/reminder for anyone going up - there is a new landowner in the big house at the paralyzer. He is ok with people runnin paralyzer but asked that we walk around his driveway.

We gave been runnin paralyzer then (if you are like me and walk kiss me)takin out and walkin back up the trail to above the paralyzer gettin on the road and then (using the main highway) walkin past the driveway until you see some tape on two tree branches... Hike down to the old road then downstream... Be careful as you are hikin about 200 - 300 yds on the highway... You avoid the house and driveway this way..

Again do not use the old trail that goes across the driveway and very close to the house..

The normal line at the 1st campground hole has less trees in it than it did awhile back. The line is still a late boof on the river left you just have to just miss the last tree in there... So you can put in at the bed and breakfast..

Thanks and make sure to tell anyone goin up there the new rules......

"I feel better than any other time when I am in the mountains and uh I cant explain it ya know...." - Shawn Farmer..........
Jahve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009   #2
Thanks for the update, landowner dealings and how-to info. Sounds good. What is the campground drop? Is that below kiss where you duck the log?

American Whitewater's website and river stewardship projects are funded by paddlers. Please join, renew, or make a donation to help us protect whitewater rivers in Colorado and nationwide.
Meng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009   #3
The next zone, .
The 1st campground hole is below the bed and breakfast put in - about a mile or so below...

You can drive into the campground and walk over to the river to take a look at it (there are a few walk in sites that over look this hole). There is a tree sticking out maybe 15yds above the drop you sneak in behind it and boof the hole far left. It is not a super hard move right now. She gets scary above 1000 and above 1600cfs or so I am not sure it even goes... So kinda more of a high water deal but she still can deal out a swim at 400cfs..

The hole you are talkin about meng is what we call the 2nd campground hole (2nd campground you come to while boatin down)... The 2nd campground hole is clean and you can duck under that log with 400cfs in there.... Run and boof left here as well..

Meng if you are commin up let me know I could go up about any night this week.
"I feel better than any other time when I am in the mountains and uh I cant explain it ya know...." - Shawn Farmer..........
Jahve is offline   Reply With Quote