Old 07-21-2010   #1
student wasted state, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Send a message via AIM to vaultman14
Lake Creek Carnage

you know sometimes i wish i would have chosen something like baseball but, i didn't and i'm a kayaker so this is what i do." -Nick Turner (Wehyakin)
vaultman14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010   #2
Paddling Since: 1993
Nice footy. Hey man,
Dont wanna hijack the thread but......
Are you using FCP for this. Are you compressing the H.264 to Apple pro res to work in the TimeLine. Have you experienced any problems working w/ the footage? I drop my Go pro footy into the tl as apple pro res and I have been getting dropframe and RT warnings. The clip properties are 1280x960. 960? thats weird and there is no preset in easy setup for this size. Also, when I drop the footy into the TL the RT settings shrink considerably not giving me the option to turn off unlimited RT. Any suggestions would be appreciated?

h2obro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010   #3
The next zone, .
Nice vid and glad you boys made it out ok..

With the change that happened in there you need to be moving even more left than in years past so next time dont square up to the drop but jump in behind the cliff then drop it sideways... Bow left with a right boof if ya can get it in and if not it usually is not that big of a deal as she will auto boof ya - land on a left brace and you should have better luck..

It also looked super low and I think that again with the changes that happened to the left line the low water makes it harder than it has been in years past. The little rocks that come up and make it hard to get over far enough left is the reason that you wont find me up there below 400 as I feel 400 is more a a min flow than a max flow for all of the bottom 4 except the caldron... I have been sayin it for years that the 400 - 650cfs level is ideal for everything but the caldron as it cleans up the lines in there a ton.

I am not knockin you boys and glad you made it out ok as that looked like it could have been bad.. I just wanted to point out that the low water left line in the paralyzer is not a gimme anymore..
"I feel better than any other time when I am in the mountains and uh I cant explain it ya know...." - Shawn Farmer..........
Jahve is offline   Reply With Quote