Old 08-21-2008   #1
Paddling Since: 1993

Anyone done these sweet canyons in mid sept? Thinking about a trip to the confluence and have gotten mixed beta. We'll be floating a 14er. Looking to do it in 8 to 10 days. What are your thoughts.
Thanks Team

h2obro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008   #2
Pugetopolis, Washington
Paddling Since: 96
I did it in my 14footer in March. Took us four days,puttin in at Green river state park. Good time. Its as flat as water can get. What do you wanna know? Actually,we didn't do Stillwater. We took out at Mineral Bottom. The shuttle companies can be a pain in the ass when it comes to shuttling the raft back up from Spanish bottom. Labyrinth is pretty fuggin sweet.

BarryDingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008   #3
Take a canoe

That's slow flat water, especially when it's low, best done in a canoe. If/when there's an upcanyon wind, you'll be hating that raft. I led a couple of elderhostel canoe trips down there way back when. If they can do it, you sure can.

Nice canyons. Great camps on the big sandbars. Bring some shade (umbrella, river wing, etc). have a great trip.

alanbol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008   #4
Gardnerville, Nevada
Paddling Since: 00
I've done the trip 4 times? in a 16 foot (kayak) in levels from flood stage (20K) to about 6K. Have taken between 3 and 7 nights depending on the section. The only real shallow area I remember was just below Green River, UT. However at low flows there are sand bars to watch for. The wind is also a factor. If you bring enough to drink you should have a good time however long it takes. IMHO the lower section (from Mineral) is the better of the two, no farms, less bugs. Tex's provides a good jetboat shuttle, give them a call to find out about rafts.
oarframe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008   #5
Paddling Since: 1993
Thanks gang.

All good info. Thanks folks. any other raddom tidbits of info you can think of just shoot em up here.
h2obro is offline   Reply With Quote