Old 10-11-2012   #31
Seattle, Washington
Paddling Since: 1999
Send a message via AIM to JCKeck1
Evan, thanks for writing all of that eloquence so I don't have to attempt it. Kokatat is one of the best brands that I've dealt with in any industry.

JCKeck1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012   #32
. ., Kairotic
Thank you Kokatat!

You guys are crazy. I canít wait to get my new orange Jackson Kokatat drysuit. Finally, Iíll be able to combine two of my favorite things to do in Durangoóhunt elk and run the shit (aka Bakerís Box). (I know the flow is a bit low right now but everything still goes.) Thereís nothing sweeter than pulling the trigger on a big bull in the crosshairs of your 30-06 while boofing The Plunger. This new hunterís orange color and my orange Stomper 90 are the perfect set up for hunting/kayaking trips. Youíre highly visible to other hunters (especially those poor bastards hiking through the woods) and you donít have to worry about the blood when youíre quartering your latest kill. Just jump in the water and wash it all off. Combined with the Stomper 90, itís the ultimate comboóyou can easily fit the whole damn carcass in the back of your boat (except for the rack, which I strap on the front just for style points). Iíve already got mine on order. Thanks Kokatat! This steakís on you!

fullmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012   #33
Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
If you'd hung around for the Bailey Fest party this year you'd know that deep holes and Bailey are not mutually exclusive. But all this talk about Heise's mom and deep holes is more than I can handle on this cold lonely night.

I did experiment a bit with the rear entry in college when I was young and open minded. It was alright, but not really my thing. But with Heise's mom back in the picture, I'm willing to give it another shot.

While I appreciate help with the scientific method, I assure you I didn't get out of my boat on either run. Everybody's setup is different so results will vary, but I get more water through the zipper than I'd like, so given the choice, I'd settle for the awkward rear entry. For once EJ and I agree, but it's going to take a while for us to settle our fashion disagreements.
KSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012   #34
Westminster, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2010
I like the rear entry on my dry suit. It is kinda tough to zip by yourself but not to difficult. Getting the flap that covers mine up flat is the hardest part. I have had good luck with keeping most of the water out of my boat. On average I probably empty 20-30 fl ounces or less out of my boat after a run on bailey or gore. I usually don't empty my boat until the end of the run right before I put it on the car.
coloclimber512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012   #35
The Fort, Colorado
I wonder if the new Jackson line drysuits will have a go-pro mount...
whitewater_fishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012   #36
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2007
At the Teva Mtn Games this year I overheard EJ discussing the new Kokatat suits at the putin to the Gore Creek downriver race. Apparently Dane was the primary influence on the visual design (read: them being so orange). Apparently the first demo of this rear entry suit they gave Dane he said, "I like it, but it should be more orange." So they made another one with a little more orange. Dane saw it and said "No, like way more orange." So they made this color scheme and Dane said "Yeah thats about right!"

So blame Dane Jackson for the color scheme.
Whitewater Map American Whitewater river info you can use.
pilom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012   #37
Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1990
Fullmer, let's after it this weekend. I hear there's a heard of elk hiding river right above Long Rapid. Let's bring the rods too. Blast and cast. We can carry the parts out in the pool above Long Rapid and keep on going when we're done.
To air is human, to get big air divine.
Dwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012   #38
The Fort, Colorado
so the go-pro is mounted on the shoulder. makes sense....
whitewater_fishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012   #39
Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
I'd hold out a little longer till the custom Kokatat is available. You can get it with a front zipper. Won't have to move down to Jacobi status and what ever size and color you want.... Just saying patience is a virtue specially when spending 1g on a good dry suit

caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote