Old 03-10-2008   #1
, Wyoming
Kernville, California is a grat place!

I went out to California this weekend and it was a great trip! It was just nice to get out and paddle. It was in the 70's which was really nice. We ran Brush Creek the first day. It was good fun! It would have been a little better with a little more water but it was still fun! Then that night we went into town and went to the Kern River Brewing Company for dinner after we where told we should go there if we want to run into some boaters. We talked to one of the Owners, Eric Giddens. He was more then willing to give us information on the local runs. He then decided that he had time to do a run in the morning, it was Saturday! So he showed us some great sections on the Kern River. By the way the Kern River Brewing Company has great Brew and great food. If you go to Kernville, California definitely stop in and visit Eric Giddens and his wife Rebecca at the Kern River Brewing Company!

paddle4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008   #2
Boulder, Colorado
How was it at the current levels too low or a good flow, we are heading out to cali in 2 weeks and are trying to figure out what part to go to.

tj@cu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008   #3
, Wyoming
It was low but fun!

It was definitely was low! It was just starting to melt! I would wait a couple of weeks and then contact Sierra South bout the flows. I would like to go back out in mid April to the end of May sometime. I was told that is the best time to go!
paddle4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008   #4
Bootjack (in the Sierra--not "Sierras"), California
Don't Forget this....

Kern River Festival

I am happy to say that I will be headed to the Kern for the first time for this festival. It would be our first real "camping" outing with our new 3 month old daughter!

(I know... I live in Cali. I have wanted to go to the Kern for a long time, but hey, it's a long state.)
lito is offline   Reply With Quote