Old 04-04-2007   #1
Kern River Festival/Brush Creek Race info

Hey everyone out in web-land. Just wanted to drop a qiuck reminder about the Kern River Festival comin' up in a few weeks in Kernville, CA. The dates are April 21 & 22.

Saturday, April 21: Wildwater race, Raft Races, Slalom practice, Brush Creek Race, Poker Run.

Sunday, April 22: T.J. Citizen Slalom race (Junior Olympic qualifier).

Yes, the Brush Creek Race is going on. In addition to the Brush Creek Race there will NOT be (yes there will be) a boatercross on Brush Creek. I have to say that there won't be one because there won't be one as an "official" event. But as long as I write it in parenthesis, (YES, there WILL be a brush creek boatercross in addition to the Brush Creek Race. The boatercross will be right after the race.)...

So, that's the skinny, or the "4-1-1" as all the kids call it. If you're thinking about heading out to California this year this is a good time of year to do it. We're not going to have an epic all-summer runoff again this year so you may want to think about end of April for heading out here. If you can make it to the Brush Creek Race, you won't be disapointed, it's fun as hell for sure!!

So get your asses to Kernville, CA the 21st and 22nd of month.
Kern River Festival
See you all on the Creek!! (or at the bar at the KRBC)...

Randolph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007   #2
My first race....

Yo Randolph,
Is it true that Adam "Weasel" Adams will be paddling in the Brush Creek Race this year? I hear like, well, like he can't even roll yet? Is that guy nuts, or is it just his friends?

Peace Bro! Hope to see you in a few weekends to make a documentary of the epic "my first race" experience.
twitch is offline   Reply With Quote