Old 05-02-2006   #1
Kayaking near Moab

Headed to Moab Weds night for thurs. and Friday. Anyone know of some good class III runs in the area. Also if anyone is interested in meeting up for a run, let me know-Jeff

lonewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006   #2
Jeff. The Co. is more II ish out there. Just drive up the river from town. A suggestion might be to try to get a GJ local to show you down Platue creek either comming or going. My feeling has always been if you don't have a cat permit. the hiking and biking in Moab is better than the boating. Good luck Steve

sj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006   #3
Thanks, sj!!! The plan is primarily to go mtn. biking. Was just curious if there was any water worth running to cool me off in the afternoon. Nice meeting you last week. Jeff
lonewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006   #4
Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1984
There is somewhat of a park and play wave on upper end of the Moab Daily, as I recall. Not sure about what levels it comes in, but you should be able to see a couple of riffles from roadside views. IMO, the entire Daily run is pretty slow for a III boater looking for excitement. But if you're just looking to cool off, it's not all bad.
El Flaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006   #5
The run down the Moab Daily is a mellow run, a few waves you can surf here and there. The reason to do it is not the whitewater, but it is a view/perspective of Castle Valley, towers, the La Sals that you cannot get from the road. If you have never done it, I think it's worth it just for the beauty. Just sit back, float, hope there is no wind, and look up. (Your friends could probably rent duckies.)

I am in GJ if you want to do Plateau on the way. Send me a pm.
moshe is offline   Reply With Quote