Old 05-01-2006   #21
FoCo,NoCo, Colorado
real test

The real test of a cheap canned beer is day 12-18 of a Grand Canyon trip. It amazing what you learn. Miller of any stripe does not pass the test. Neither does moosehead. What passed on the last trip: Modelo, Hamm's, and Old milwaukee. (Not a bud fan, so we didn't test it.) And lite beers are horrible in this scenario.

It has got to quench thirst, not be sweet, and taste good lukecool. Not all beers can stand the test.

sarahkonamojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #22
Thought-criminal, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Here here for OLD MILL! Especially the tall boys. I honestly can't explain why I have forsaken the Old Mill poundaz. Next purchase at the licka sto...

and if your take out is more public or you're at a play park cans are much more can slip them in a cozy and hey, maybe you're enjoying a coke? Johnny Law is less likely to give a shit if he doesn't see a brown bottle. I think anyway. Maybe I'm just paranoid.

I hope in the future Americans are thought of as a warlike, vicious people, because I bet a lot of high schools would pick "Americans" as their mascot. -Jack Handy
BastrdSonOfElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #23
Denver, Colorado
I can't believe you novices are still leaving your beer in a cooler at the takout. They've got beer in plastic bottles now; just throw them in the stern under your float bag and you can pound'em at scouts, safety meetings, and lunch breaks. They are also resealable for those inconvenient pullovers when you get caught in too much of a hurry.

Livingston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #24
I'm right 50% of the time
Paddling Since: 1977
All about the Tecate. A veritable fortress of the stuff for multi day trips. Lots of lime to kill the giardia on the pop top.

Good beer in a can. Anything from Newcastle to SKAy (cuz they are so Gay...LOL) to Old Chub. Love micro and swill. I'll take a Rainer or a Shlitz (the beer that made milwalke famous) anyday over Budcrap. Saw a new grenade style beer at the store the other day...don't remember the name though.

To Beer...the cause OF and solution TO All of life's problems - Homer Simpson

Homer - "No TV and No Beer make Homer go...?"

Marge - "Crazy"

Homer - " Don't mind if I do...Ahahahahahaha...
brendodendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #25
Farmington, New Mexico
Paddling Since: 1990
If it's cheap beer that you're drinking, there really is nothing like a Coors. If it's beer-pong or snappa, then Coors Light is probably the way to go. It helps that I get if for 30cents a beer, I suppose anything is good at that price.
Boaters chould never drink coors... pete coors' politics are almost enough, never mind the fact that his factory pollutes water, his landowner/water rights issues burn boaters all the time, and his factory gets its water from the mag-chloride slurry coming off of I-70 (hope you clear crik boaters wear ear/nose plugs!)

Lucky Lager before (luck is always good), PBR during (it must have won a blue ribbon at some point), and the good sh** (black butte porter beats any colorado swill) after!
tyaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #26
Renaissance Redneck
Huson, Montana
Paddling Since: 1988
Pete Coors must be a boater because his beer is like sex on a raft.

Dont overlook Fosters Oil cans or Heiney in a can unless you consider imports unpatriotic
"You're gonna be doin a lot of doobie rolling when youre LIVIN IN A VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER"
LSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #27
SKA in the can!
speicher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #28
Wydaho, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1996
Very entertaining thread! PBR is waiting in the cooler, hands down, for every run but Bitch Creek, when Bitch Creek ESB seems to be the appropriate choice. How many rivers or creeks have a beer named after them?

dvanhouten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #29
Healthcare Record Management
Screamer's (Gennesee Cream Ale), PBR, Coors, Foster (Oil Cans), Guiness Pub Draughts. In order for rivers.....

I won't turn down any of the others either though......
Crazy Mo Fo J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #30
A bunch of dandies. There is way more swill out there than mentioned. What about Stag, Black Labal, Bergie, or even the store brand in the white can that just says beer. Those have all been drunk on many of long float trip I have been on.

brokenpaddlejon is offline   Reply With Quote

beer, kayaking