Old 09-26-2012   #3
Near water (hopefully), Colorado
Paddling Since: 2008
A couple of those pitons looked bad.
smauk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012   #4
BZN, Montana
Paddling Since: 2008
True story: Local cop was in my swiftwater class. Talked about some drunk fools getting their ducky pinned on an island in the Gallatin. After many failed efforts to free the duckies all parties approved of shooting the ducky until it was freed. Gallatin Valley's finest.
The sunshine walked beside her
glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012   #5
Ouray & Buena Vista & Winter Park, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2010
that was awesome
one legged wonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012   #6
Steamboat Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
Nice, OBJ, Upper East... what was the last drop? Upper Daisy?
mhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012   #7
crested butte, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1990
Send a message via Yahoo to milo

.....i'd heard all about it at our local watering hole, the ELDO, aka the "allbro", aka the "yacht club", aka the "men's club", aka the "all-toe", aka the "winchester".....kayaking is for chumps and wimps they boys finally got me and my gal and another buddy to go no-canoe "FACE EATER FALLS"....i was told it was all of 4-5 hundred feet tall....a slide falls combo....i got my 5-10 creekers, throw rope and's all about jeans, beer and gunfire and of course eyes were opened.....these guys are sickos!!!!next season, if you see them carrying a canoe up in the woods......LEAVE 'EM BE!!!!! 50cent says..."if there's more than one no-canoer, there's more than one gun",,,,,feeling bored? the DYOG RACE is this weekend....dig your own grave race down the west side of KEBLER PASS....and of course, byog....bring your own gun, as it is in bi-athalon format....remember that the name of the course is NOPADSATALL, no-pads-at-all....which means, no padding , protective gear or helmets allowed....its a 2 mile course, drops 220ft, is in horrible condition, should have fresh chip-seal by race day....skateboards, rollerblades, wagons, shopping carts and the like are bikes!!!! sorry to jack the thread but........DYOG'er420CB....
milo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012   #8
Awesome! looks like it was an 'interesting' summer in CB. What's crazy is that a bunch of the large drops in there have been Larsen and Stokes....con agua of course. See No Big Names 1 when they are literally falling down mountains in the upper trib zones of Daisy..I think Larsen named the drop at 1:33 stairway to heaven...And Stokes definitely ran that one at 1:56. From there on out, it looks like all fists on the other side in the upper sillyslides zones...we've all looked at those with water...and then went to Cali. Good entertainment SL!
American Whitewater's website and river stewardship projects are funded by paddlers. Please join, renew, or make a donation to help us protect whitewater rivers in Colorado and nationwide.
Meng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012   #9
Crested Butte, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
I think you guys live in the same condo area in CB that I do. I have been seeing some fucked up canoes at the dumpsters and was wondering were they were coming from, The video explains it all. Nice work guys!
RockyMt.Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012   #10
silverthorne, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1992

bluebtr is offline   Reply With Quote