Old 04-05-2011   #31
Mike is illiterate (this is a fact) and it looks like he is better at spelling than you. Remind me what institution accepted you into a PHD program?

It's ski season, bros. Shred on.

doublet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011   #32
crested butte, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1990
Send a message via Yahoo to milo

.....nice "sword fight" guys....funny.....

milo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011   #33
Bob Jack
Dexter, 48169
Paddling Since: 2002
Originally Posted by leif View Post
Alright kayakers, I've just about had it. Every time I check the buzz, all I seem to see are posts about delicious rafting meals, international rafting sales, and what great flatwater rafting runs will be good three months from now.

I have had it!

What are you all doing, anyway? Ski season has been over for like 4 months now, hasn't it? Aren't you out there on the water running stuff? Don't you have some trash to talk? Can't you even debate who will win the Grand Prix? Hasn't Tom Janney had some hilarious swim in the last week or so? He probably has. Own up, Tom. That's what the buzz is supposed to be about.

Since nobody else has stepped up to the plate (with the exception of Johnny One River getting us all pumped up for the Slave Big Air festival 3 months in the future, and Evan complaining about some huge argument from last year, and Dan with a link to his video highlights from last year), I decided to take matters into my own hands. I paddled last weekend, and although it wasn't awesome enough to post about in normal times, these are desperate times. Desperate times call for desperate measures, so I will shamelessly pimp my own blog:

Righteous adventures of LEIF AND NATALIE Get it while it's hot.

Now that I have done my part, get out there and do your part. We can't beat back the rafter menace by sitting idly by and letting them walk all over us! POST!
Building kayaks over the winter with SEMKB, group is called Skirts and Skins. Go to my blog if you need entertainment, watch our progress. http:www//
bobjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011   #34
Near water (hopefully), Colorado
Paddling Since: 2008

Thought I would give the thread a bump with this trailer. Been out for awhile, but I don't think its been posted on the site yet.
smauk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011   #35
I'm sure I can speak for other students out there...Thanks Leif for helping us waste some class time.

I missed the Buzz, it's good to see the boater forum back on top again. So stoked for spring.
ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011   #36
The next zone, .
Originally Posted by doublet View Post
It's ski season, bros. Shred on.

This kayaker is going out to ride the new polaris 800 w/turbo today, then will pry snowmoboard either thurs or friday, monarch cat day sat, and end with monarch's closing day party on sunday.. Its still ski season in my world.

I will wait until there is good water with in 10 min of my house before I break out the kayak...
"I feel better than any other time when I am in the mountains and uh I cant explain it ya know...." - Shawn Farmer..........
Jahve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011   #37
Park City, Utah
Paddling Since: 1985
still 3' of snow in my front yard

and snow projected every day through Tuesday.

Ski season is peaking before run off starts!!
Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011   #38
Originally Posted by RDNEK View Post
I will wait until there is good water with in 10 hrs of my house before I break out the kayak...
Fixed that for you. I'm just jealous there is no kayaking within 30 min of my house.

Mike, I figured you would understand Leif's humor a little better than that. None of that was supposed to offend you. As for Fremont, it was a neat run, the first canyon was disappointing, the second canyon made up for it in scenery. If people are thinking about driving up there know it is a long drive for a 2ish mile run. If you're not sure about running the big drop don't waste your time going becuase not only will you miss the best rapid but you won't be able to go into that gorge.
Nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011   #39
Cheyenne, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 2009
Gonna stay out of this. Just want to bump back to top. Sick of all the rafting crap.
Lin3Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011   #40
Golden, CO
Paddling Since: 1856
Why would you even bother reading rafter posts if you don't have any interest in it?

FrankC is offline   Reply With Quote