Old 07-13-2009   #41
Portland, Oregon
Paddling Since: 2000
Originally Posted by cosurfgod View Post
This thread is a joke and the problem with the buzz. 95% of all the responses are from tool box rafters. Those that claim to do both only kayak a few days a year on the lowest flow possible and are gripped or is a kayaker that rafts comercially.

I have one word, creek boating. All rafters have tried kayaking and realized it takes work and a couple ass kickings, got scared and only raft. How can we be on the same plane if rafters can only access a fraction of the rivers and creeks? Read Whitewater Classics, more than half the runs cant even be rafted! Look at your guide book, what do you see?

Drive your buses and haul our beer as your are second class citizens on the river. The best part is they know it.

PS-I am aware that there are nasty rafters that have run harder shit than most kayakers but they are only 2% of the rafting population and not the norm.

PSS-Sorry for the rant, the water is getting low. Road trip not til Thursday.
Amusing...... this is sort of why I started rafting. There was a reason the people I prefered kayaking with were 3 women, (other than the obvious reasons).

I didn't mind boating with these types of guys, but during the shuttle -and god forbid the carpool to the put in was all I could take of their mindless jibber jabber. "Oh really you made a Quad Jump in your back yard thats of the hook, I think I am busy tomorrow"

The other reason, -I realized I had plenty of cool people I could get out the river with, -my friends; and they would not have to take a bunch of roll classes to enjoy themselves. Oh and beer.

Rafting takes far less skill (really hardly any if you are with an experienced leader) to run say Class III-IV it is a given.

It sort of comes down to hardshellers being somewhat bitter about the "skill-less" rafters being on the exact same water with out their legs going to sleep all the while with a cold one in their hands. Yeah, I know you developed a really bad ear infection learning to roll but how is that my fault?

And lastly if all you are running is the 300 cfs "gnar" exactly what rafts are you coming across that gets you so bent out of shape?

Mr Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009   #42
Eagle, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1997
Upper c kayakers

...hear ya, but to give them credit, they were stompin the eddy lines and cleaning the wave trains like "wo-hoo" serious bad-azzes. Had to be a funny sight for them anyhow cause I had my rescue vest on - complete with tether, prisics, beeners and rvr-knife. Best part was my 1970's issue yellow plastic brain bucket. I'd have had more respect if they'd just laughed at me.

Great day all the same.

"Dying ain't much of a livin" - The Outlaw Josse Whales
cokayakn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009   #43
Durango, Colorado
I'd have to agree with surfgod...rafters are second class citizens. However, so are retards but we still let them have the special olympics. So I guess rafting is sort of like the special olympics of whitewater.
dugan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009   #44
Eagle, Idaho
Paddling Since: '78
Originally Posted by dugan View Post
I'd have to agree with surfgod...rafters are second class citizens. However, so are retards but we still let them have the special olympics. So I guess rafting is sort of like the special olympics of whitewater.
Hey all you super gnar boaters......ironically, if you learned how to raft (oar or paddle), you'd be a better kayaker. Hard for your badass brains to comprehend I know.....but the truth is....if you learn to read the river in ALL methods, you'll be better at your preferred.

Oh, good point Beaver, what kind of beef could you guys possibly have with rafts if you're on the shizz every time you paddle?? Not like you'll see me on my oar rig down OBJ or the BS.
GoodTimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009   #45
Not a river guide, Ft. FunK
Originally Posted by dugan View Post
Calling retards second class citizens,huh? You,sir,are the single biggest fuckstick on this forum. Congrats,needledick. Go drown yourself.

While we're on the topic of making generalizations--You and surfcock need to go shopping together,maybe find some good deals on this seasons hottest,new drytops and maybe one of those pretty new helmets with "limited" designs on it. Have you two twinkletoes ordered your Astral Greenjackets yet? Maybe you can find some sick new Teva's to go run your low volume creeks with. Oooh,ooh--i bet if you email Teva they can hook you up with some stickers for your SUV. You fruitcake,gear queers....
Devils advocate
gapers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009   #46
no tengo
Baytopia, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1876
Dugan and Cosurf should start their very own forum just for racist creek boaters who never paddle anywhere they might see a raft. Next time I see them I'll be sure to plow them over with my rubber boat. You guys better stay off Embudo creek cause I might be there raftin. the only safe place for now is pandoras.
mania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009   #47
conifer, Colorado
Dugan, I've said some stupid non pc shit on here before but your comment by far is the biggest d-bag thing I've ever read here...2nd class citizens...shit why not just not give them citizenship at all.
mr. compassionate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009   #48
Little Village, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Now goshdarnit, isn't it time for us to remember that we're all bros and sisters?

Uh, I'm just gonna go find a cash machine.
Riparian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009   #49
Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
We learn things every day on the Buzz, and here's one of the most informative things I've learned about some folks' mentality. Probably Dugan and Smurfgod are soulmates.

Everyone remember that pussies that float flat water (and I guess row rafts too) deserve to have their cars broken into, ya know? Because they're not badasses like Smurfgod.

Nothing in the world is more yielding and gentle than water. Yet it has no equal for conquering the resistant and tough. The flexible can overcome the unbending; the soft can overcome the hard. - Lao Tse
Andy H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009   #50
Originally Posted by lhowemt View Post
Dude, watch out or your ego might blow your head apart! That might be a new siggy, "yeah, I have a toolbox!, just another thing yakkers need from rafters!"
Do you THINK someone who goes by "cosurfgod" has some self esteem problems?

More quotes by cosurfgod:

In a tread about women on the Grand: "Cum Groovers are very important on a leave no trace trip. Somebody has to pack it out."

In a discussion of safe sex: "Skin on skin or I don't go in, that just how I roll" (Please don't let this asshole breed!)

"Front rangers are such tools" Seems to have a thing about calling people "tools", probably to compensate for his small "tool".

"Have sex with a dude. Raft guides are gay." Obviously confused about his sexual desires.

And of course his signature "Creek Boaters Like tight boxes". SO original!

One kayaker I hope to NEVER share a river with!

Rich is online now   Reply With Quote