Old 12-18-2005   #11
San Diego and Frisco, CO
Baja Banditos

Got back about a month ago from a surf weekend, mostly at La Fonda (mentioned above) and a nice spot north of Puerto Nuevo where we parked, PAID the lot attendant, surfed and got out of the water to find our truck surgically opened via Slim Jim and everything... down to OUR PANTS.... stolen! Moral of the story, someone with the cars. Really. The 'lokes' in San Diego and LA seem to think theft is less common further down in Baja...might be true. We go a couple of times a year, our first theft. But I would sure like to have back some of the booty they grabbed (like my silly prescription glasses), never mind the $$$ rescue vest I was not wearing and so on and so forth!
But you CAN get back into the country with no ID....we did not even get sent into secondary screening.
Other than that, all the cool stuff said above is true. We also like a spot below Ensenada called Punta Cabras. Google Coyote Cals AYH. Good spot to know about if it starts to rain a bunch.
And we San Diego folks are working less and surfing more during the holidays. Give us a holler, we have the local surf spots scoped out where the waves are good for kayaks and no board surfer will key your car for being in their territory! (Actually we get along well with boarders, but we are really, really deferential to them and pick spots thoughtfully. We like to go to places where they don't want to paddle to.)
Drop me a line.

Kimy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005   #12
Golden, Colorado
That sucks that you got your stuff robbed out of the car. That happened to me once on a surf trip...but not quite as bad...I hadn't paid anyone to watch the car. I later found out an old geezer watched cars at that spot if you paid him. I did that from then on and it worked....He must have seen the kids robbing me the time I didn't pay him and thought, "Ah...a future customer."

I've always thought that if you could stand the sweltering heat it would be interesting to hide under a pile of blankets in the back of your car with a machete in your hands while your buddies go out for a surf... but that's just a fun thought.

Ture is offline   Reply With Quote