Old 11-02-2007   #1
Lehi, Utah
Paddling Since: 2007
kayak lessons near Provo, UT

I live in Lehi, Ut, Near Provo. Does anyone know of anyplace nearby where I can take kayak lessons? I am also looking for a warm pool to pactice an eskimo roll outside of a class setting, any ideas.

scotticus80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007   #2
Salt Lake City, Utah
Paddling Since: 02
The University of utah pool at the H.P.E.R complex is open to kayaks 8 to 10 on Wednesdays on Fridays. They have some dude they pay five dollars an hour to help people. Never seen him on the water but, seems to be realy good at paddling the pool.

Karan Estee holds a class at the Utah Kayak School. She seems to do alright and has a fairly high success rate.
The Utah Whitewater Club teaches a beginner class every year. Not sure when it starts, but it is held Wed nights at the Community college @ 7(1700 south state) This class is probably the hardest to learn a roll with. No ACA instruction and generaly disorganized. You would be very likely to learn the parts of five different rolls before getting any one of them. Now that being said, with them you will meet people to boat with at your level for the next two years, and may be worth it.
Good luck!

C-dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007   #3
, Wyoming
I help Karan Este with her class and it is a good class.

I would contact Karan at the Utah Kayak School. She is trying to get a class together in the next little while. I would also loook in to going to the pool at the Uof U for the Roll sessions. It is a good place to practice. I go every Wedesday to play during the winter.

Jake Skeen
paddle4eva is offline   Reply With Quote