Old 11-06-2011   #11
Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
Ask for Bart at Golden River Sports for sale prices. Also, Bart has some grey muslin type cloth he gives people for free that you can wrap your boat in inside the boat bag. Tell them it is a "surf ski" at the airline counter and they probably won't question you as long as height, weight and depth added together is under 126" and weight is under 50 lbs. If they do open the bag, all they will see is a grey cloth and usually won't go through the drill of having you unwrap it. Don't fly Delta - they won't take it. Period. Frontier is the best. United is pretty good. So is US Air. But you will pay. Usually at least $100 each way.

Also, my best advice to all travelers is GET YOURSELF SOME TRAVEL INSURANCE. Its worth the $50. They broke my paddle last year and my dry bag looked like it had been dragged across the tarmac for a mile. My insurance paid for a brand new paddle and a new dry bag too. Plus if you get sick or have to be evacuated or whatever - travel insurance will save you thousands upon thousands. I got really sick in Costa Rica 4 years ago. Covered hospital bills, change in airline fare, hotel stay, phone calls - everything. Over $2,000 they covered for $50 worth of insurance.

PattyNYCO is offline   Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off