Old 09-17-2006   #1
Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Karma is a beautiful thing!

I wanted to take a minute to thank a wonderful man by the man of Kurt.

Until about a week ago I was living in Boulder enjoying my fantastic life and having a kick ass time learning more and more about play boating. Then, I got the news that my mother has been diagnosed with a nasty cancer that will be the fight of her life. I opted to move back to West Virginia and help her fight the disease.

Because everything happened quickly and I had much of my life to pack up fast, I didn't know how I was going to get my Kayak back. I posted a message asking for help to get my boat to WV. I didn't give many details other than I needed help if anyone was headed back east.
Kurt called that evening and said he would be happy to help, I just needed to get my boat to him and he would call when he arrived in WV. Although I gave him a couple bucks for gas, he didn't really even want it. He was simply happy to help a TOTAL STRANGER out of the kindness of his heart.
At a time like this, when my life feels like its kicking my ass, and everything has been flipped upside down..... and I keep trying to roll... and am only barely making it...I feel blessed to have met a TOTAL STRANGER that just wanted to help out.
Kurt, I don't know if you will read this, but I would like to say thank you, with all the sincerity that I can possibly muster....THANK YOU!!!!!!!
I know that Karma will repay you for your kindness. When I head to Fayetteville, I will call in hopes of taking you and your wife out for some good ol' frosty bevies!

ednaout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006   #2
Eagle, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1994
Best of luck to your mother in this time of struggle. Cancer is a fight that a lot of people win. I hope she is one of them.

GAtoCSU is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006   #3
Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
karma is a beautiful thing!

Hey Scott. Thanks for your supportive response. In the last couple of weeks I have found so much comfort in the kindness of strangers. I have a great support system in my friends, which I am so grateful for, but it seems to be things like your reply on mountain buzz that are so touching. It is a great reminder that there are so many wonderful people out there that like acting human and kind toward others....without trying to get something in return. Thank you,
ednaout is offline   Reply With Quote