Old 12-07-2012   #11
Lakewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1989
My issue with learning the back deck has been real time application. I managed to get the technique early on but I never remember to use the damn thing when I get flipped. Halfway though setting up for a C2C I think, crap, that would have been a good time to do the back deck. My notion would be to intentionally use it more while surfing since that seems the best place to continually practice using the roll. Any other advice on getting it incorporated into paddling?

On the river, I can abandon who I am and what I've done. However brief it lasts, while on the river I am nothing important and everything insignificant. I am flotsam, and happy to be so.
hojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012   #12
Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Hey Stephen, nice video.

Any extra advice for off side? I think my hip snap is what gets discombobulated in all my off sides giving me usually a 50/50 on getting right. Maybe you've got sumthin extra to add...

"You know that old trees just grow stronger and old rivers grow wilder, everyday..."
ednaout is offline   Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Topic Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone ever run a Star "Starlite" or "Yellow Jacket"? Rogue Warrior Kayaking | Gear Talk 2 07-10-2009 08:36 AM
"Class II Wanna B's" - RMH - Video of Lower Blue 9/14/2008 islandertek Whitewater Kayaking 46 09-25-2008 12:08 PM
Back Deck Roll "How to" Video. bvwp1 Whitewater Kayaking 0 04-26-2008 01:20 PM
Secrets to a "bombproof" roll??? newby0616 Whitewater Kayaking 52 10-11-2007 08:48 PM
Ever "Lost your roll?" Help others with your stor kentford Whitewater Kayaking 4 03-01-2004 03:28 PM

» Classified Ads
Perception's Corsica...

posted by ARraces

Perception's Corsica Overflow WHITEWATER Kayak....

Sea kayak

posted by chugwater1

Cleaning house. 17' wood sea kayak, adjustable foot pegs,...

AT kayak paddle

posted by marilyn anderson

AT kayak paddle approx 191cm