Old 06-23-2007   #11
I love it when Mike Hyde puts up a very bureaucratic notice saying a nice public boating spot will be closed. I wonder if the Junior Olympics stuff is really just him and a bunch of kids he's working with.

Is this the same guy who warned of police prosecution for moving the gates that are left in bad spots?

Perhaps I'm mis-reading it all, but the communication is just so sterile. Very bureaucratic.

basil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007   #12
Broomfield, Colorado Paddling Since: 1996
No Basil.... It is the real deal. Permits paid for.... lots of athletes from all over the country and globe. Top dogs in all of kayak including the Jacksons and more.....
It is legit and Mike is just doing the right thing and making everyone aware of the dates of the event in which there will be 100's of folks enjoying our local gem.
If you want to play in the local gem.... join the event. Otherwise sit back and enjoy the tunes, eat some great food and suck in anything good that you see.
Sure is better than sitting back and bitching about what folks are trying to do to make our sport and environment better for everyone.

FRPA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007   #13
The next zone, .
Originally Posted by mvhyde View Post
Stupid drunks, stupid rednecks, sex offenders, etc...

and on that note... anyone messes with any of these kids (from whatever country), it will be dealt with and the perp will have a bad day all the way around.
WOW! Add in the Pitt Bull packs and angry rove tubers and I can see why you would need the secret service there to protect these kids!

Sure glad we don't have these problems up here on the ark - I would never plan a event where I think or there is any probability that drunks and sex offenders would have a shot at the kids - guess that is all just part of the golden play park.
Jahve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007   #14
Seems like mvhyde has something stiff up his ass.

He should let FRPA1 do the public communication.
basil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007   #15
Technology Partner, Littleton, Colorado
Send a message via AIM to mvhyde
Apparently cowardly behavior is a subject they teach to pups...

I was going to send this to you in a PM, but I'm not quite sure you understand much beyond posting in here.

You are one of the most incredibly rude, arrogant assholes I have ever seen post on here. If you have a problem with me, you bring it to me. If you can't do that, then that in and of itself speaks volumes about your personal character, which at this point seems incredibly lacking, tasteless, and immature.

If you have something meaningful to say or add to this, you can find me every day down at Golden starting on the 28th of June from 7am to whenever the days events are over.

Unfortunately, this is an urban area. Like any urban/suburban area you get elements in society that look for opportunities to do the wrong thing. It never hurts to be hopeful, yet mindful of our fellow humans. In a perfect world, there'd be no bad guys. But don't take it all out of context like some do on here. I thought all the pitbulls were owned by Michael Vick now? Maybe I missed something?

And the Lord said, let there be whitewater. So on Friday, the 13th day of the month....
mvhyde is offline   Reply With Quote