Old 06-06-2012   #1
Lakewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
Jon Boling You will be missed

We lost an amazing river friend Sunday on the Middle Fork of the Salmon. Big heart, love of the river, incredible sense of humor, love of his alma mater, appreciation for the best in beer, all around great guy that was welcome on every river trip.

JB was there the first day I put my raft in the water and we have shared many river miles since. I already miss my friend terribly.

My heart goes out to his love, Karen, and his family during this difficult time.

He was known as OleMissBoater here on MB.

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain
lmaciag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012   #2
Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2009
In the words of JB, feeling "Heavier Than I Look", after hearing the news. You were there for my first multiday trip (Lodore). Thanks for making me laugh so hard, I forgot to be nervous!!

princessneedahug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012   #3
behind your mom, Colorado
RIP Very sorry for your loss.
streetdoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012   #4
The Road, Colorado
Paddling Since: '07
Send a message via Yahoo to Badazws6
Love you man, you will be missed.
Life: Live it!
Badazws6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012   #5
Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003

So much I want to say, but still processing your loss. You taught me its ok to love all your friends as deeply as I do. I will miss your late night texts telling me, "I love you and I'm not afraid to say it!" I will miss your coaching at the oars. I will miss your constant "cat-calls" from the eddy-lines jokingly calling to me saying, "YER DOIN IT WRONG!!" I will miss our long fire chats and your vm's saying, "ITS JJJJJJJJJJJJJAYY BEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" I will miss how positive you always were and your beer drinking abilities. Most of all, I will miss you on the Grand Canyon this fall. I love you. You will always be with me at the oars and on the water. Thank you for the years we had. Thank you for your friendship with Bart. Simply put....thank you....for you, my friend.

-Patty Pinkham

Memorial services are being planned for late next week in BV as well as a memorial fund for his family and loved ones . More details to follow for his friends.
PattyNYCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012   #6
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Wow. I wish I had the pleasure of boating with Jon. I'm so sorry to hear about what happened.

pbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012   #7
Eagle, Idaho
Paddling Since: '78
To my Colorado River Family that knew him best and certainly to his family, my thoughts and prayers are with you.

I only met JB briefly before moving up here...and sure wish I could have spent some time on the water with him. Sounds like the man had a sense of humor and an enormous heart...second to none.

An amazing river family member lost too soon.
GoodTimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012   #8
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Jay Beeee

JB was an amazing friend. He came by the Friday before he launched and we caught up on the back porch. It was good to see him excited about this trip.

Wish I could come up with more to say about such a wonderful guy.

Keep his family and Karen in yor thoughts. Their hell is unimaginable. Plus, they are trying to stay sane and arrange a funeral.
leery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012   #9
The Russian
SLC, Utah
Paddling Since: 2005
Condolences to the family and his wife. What a sad time for them now. Never met JB in person but sounds like he was a true river bro. RIP JB
-ALEX [ youtube ][ my boat ][ ]
kazak4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012   #10
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
My friend Jon Boling

JB and I met through working in the beer industry and became great friends because of rafting and our shared love of rivers. Throughout our friendship I was constantly cracking up at JB's dry one liners and awesome sense of humor. I was lucky enough not only to be JB's friend but also his co-worker. Whether it was adventures at work, trying new beers or him showing me (a NC river kayaker) the wonders of the multi-day, out west rafting trip, I always had an amazing experience and gained memories I will cherish forever. Getting drive around CO with an awesome friend like JB and sell beer will be an experience I will never forget. JB, I love you and I will always miss you friend.

Boater.Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote