Old 06-06-2012   #21
I met JB on the Dolores in 08 & had the pleasure of sharing many rivers & beers with him. He was great guy & I'll miss his smile & sense of humor. It's still hard to believe he's gone. My condolences to Karen & his family. He was loved by many! Rest in peace, Buddy.

Here's a few pics.
1. JB setting up for Warm Springs on the Yampa.
2. Enjoying a cold one at camp on Lodore.
3. Guiding down Browns on the Ark.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP0052.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	1.28 MB
ID:	4786   Click image for larger version

Name:	JB Lodore 09.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	4789  

Click image for larger version

Name:	6-21-2008 4-29-06 PM_0007.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	1.10 MB
ID:	4790  

scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012   #22
Pugetopolis, Washington
Paddling Since: 96
RIP OleMissBoater

BarryDingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012   #23
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
Originally Posted by yesimapirate View Post
My condolences. Never met JB, but he sounds like the kind of person we all could take several lessons in life from. From what has been said here that would include a mix of a river loving, uplifting, comedian, boating coach, beer connoisseur, and probably many more great things. Hell he sounds like the kind of guy I'd like to be more like.

If his family is in need of anything, please let us(MTN Buzzards) know. I don't know if his wife was in to boating, but once she's ok with it all I know my wife and I would gladly help with getting her back out on the water.

My regards.

Indeed - my thoughts exactly. I sometimes feel goofy being the guy that tells his friends and family all the time how much I love em - now I know that its the best thing to do...since I want to make sure to tell them before I dont have the chance to tell them anymore. My sympathy for the family and friends of JB.
wheretheriverflows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012   #24
thornton, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1969
I never met JB, some people are just born for the river. RIP.
raymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012   #25
Spits Hot Fire
N. Cascades, Washington
Terrible. Looks like the guy was livin the life. Good vibes to the Misses OleMiss and his family. Hang in there.

RIP OleMissBoater
Your opinion doesn't matter when you're already biased.
FLOWTORCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012   #26
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Jonathan Viktor Boling

I'm going to keep this short for now but I wanted to thank everyone for the wonderful words. JB was the love of my life and the kindest soul you will meet. He loved his friends, his family, beer, his dogs, and he loved me with the biggest love I have ever known. He would often tell me out of nowhere that he loved me without pause and without regard for who was around. My heart hurts more than I can explain but I am comforted in these times to know that he was loved by so many and his true spirit was revealed to many. Please keep his family and myself in your thoughts and prayers.
KPUMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012   #27
Aurora, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
I'll miss your smiling face, JB.

I am still processing all of this and I'm not sure how to express how I feel. JB, you will be dearly missed. You always had a smile and encouragement when I got freaked out at the oars or I was having a bad day. Even though you told me I was doing it wrong, I knew you were trying to make me laugh. I left work early today because I didn't know what else to do, so I'm going to do what you would have told me to do. I'm going to sit in the sun and have a beer 'cause it will all work out. Here's to you JB. Give Morgan dog a big hug for me. RIP my friend.

kclowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012   #28
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Originally Posted by Dave H View Post
JB enriched so many people's lives with his genuine soul, wit, and compassion for anyone or anything in need. I am honored he called me a friend and I miss everything about him. Love you brother.

He loved you very much Dave Hall and could never stop talking about what a good friend you are and how you could bring him to tears laughing. So glad we got to experience Cinco de Davio with you. We have a rough road ahead but I appreciate your support to make it through.

This is my favorite picture ever of him. Can you please find out who took the picture of him so i can get it emailed and some copies made for his family? I think they would really like it.
KPUMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012   #29
Madison, Mississippi
My friend Jon Victor Boling

My name is Geoff Goodman. Jon Boling is my best friend. I am writing this in tears right now. After several invites, I am ashamed to say that I've never been rafting with my best friend. Some way or another, "life" always got in the way. Jon lived for it and I never got to share it with him. I'll never forget when I taught him my greatest love; Harley Davidson. The first time Jon rode my bike he literally screamed with enjoyment as I led him down the road from another bike. I'll never forget that day. I'll also never forget when he dropped it that day either! Ha! Jon was truly a great guy and the best friend. I'll always cherish the times we had together even though he was an Ole Miss fan! I'm glad to see that he touched so many lives and ask that y'all always remember him because y'all meant the world to him! Hotty Toddy, Dutch Bar Jonny! Long may you run, old friend.
GoodmanHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012   #30
Grand Junction, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
What a good man JB was with a heart of gold! Karen and family my heart breaks for you I wish I knew how to ease your are in my prayers! I can still hear Jon saying, "Your doing it wrong!" or talking about the river with his word "The Rio". I only knew Jon for a few years but this man could make you laugh until your gut hurt.

One the best laughs I had with him was re-living the 3 naked fat guys fight story near the hot springs on the Locsaw, a few years ago. When it happend this was not funny but talking about afterward, with him, we laughed our asses off. It is amazing how the stupid crap we did brings the biggest smile to your face when looking back. We all know that Jon and Morgan are having a great time now.

Rest in Peace Brother you will be missed...and I will start using your "Rio" word when taking about the river!

-Bill Ballou

Stonewalker is offline   Reply With Quote