Old 02-28-2007   #1
Denver, Colorado
Job Opportunity in Fiji - Island Lifestyle

Bula! People

I was forwarded a Job description/ opportunity from Rivers Fiji a rafting company. If I was 25 with no kids I would take it myself. But since I'm not I thought maybe someone here would be interested....

The entire doc is 6 pages and I am happy to forward it to anyone who is interested. A basic summary is

Job description: Office Manager/ guide/ driver 2 year commitment
Salary: Peanuts and Mangoes All you can eat plus some money
Housing: Provided

Send me an email or PM and I'll forward the Job description...
Don't forget to say "Vinaka vaka levu" Thank you very much...

Confluence Kayaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007   #2
Send a message via Yahoo to rnstphns
hey jon

i would like to look into the job if you could send me the dis that would be great .thank you very much

rnstphns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007   #3
I went on a Rivers Fiji trip Last year and found the company to be very good. They are located on the southern side of Viti Levu (the main island).

They just have one navigable river there and the commercially run section is class II with some easy 4 foot drops. The river trip is about 5 hours and the drive in and out are about an hour each way. They most likely do just one trip a day.

The canyon is only 15 to 25 feet wide in sections which makes for a 20 foot surge at times of flash flood. That could be pretty interesting. Also, the put-in is for guides only and the first mile or so is a difficult class IV. The customers must walk about a mile down river before they can get in. We couldn't even see it from the trail. I begged and pleaded but they wouldn't budge.

They mostly have Fijians guide so my guess is that you would be needed for check ins and driving for the most part.
onebakedpotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007   #4

I am very interested in this position, and can leave immediately and commit to two years. Please send me the 6 page via email or fax 970 728 7443

Thanks so much

Darcy is offline   Reply With Quote