Old 11-04-2009   #21
Weaverville, California
Paddling Since: 2001
Also, when welding the two types of plastic together, I found that they did not want to blend very well, but they bonded together.

TRINITYPADDLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009   #22
Three Rivers, California
Paddling Since: 2002
"As for on river repair, its another mixed bag for bitchithane. Many times the crack is under the seat where its hard to get the bitch on. Unless you have a screwdriver to take your entire seat out, you are hosed. Even if you did have a screwdriver, are you going to take the seat out on the side of the river and have your crew wait 30-40 minutes while you repair your boat? Most likely you will simply paddle the cracked titanic of a boat out and patch it up at home."

Just remember when you're in Cali bring the bitch cause you don't want to paddle that titanic out of the Middle Kings, and bring your own multi-tool so I don't have to constantly fish mine out of the drybag for repairs

Speaking of Jackson boats and the bitchithane, I've patched boats on the river and paddled them hard for over a month after without drilling holes at either end, the crack didn't spread any of the three times I've done this.

darinm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009   #23
Edge o' the Dust Bowl, Oklahoma
Paddling Since: 1982
Tell me again for the first time...where do you get bitchithene? Home Depot? Roofers' supply? Other?
ActionJackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009   #24
Boulder, Jackson Kayak, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Send a message via Skype™ to thecraw
You get it from Dave frank.. He has been the sole source for everyone I know that has it. Classic.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather...To skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... WOW !!!! What a ride!!!!!!"
thecraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009   #25
You can get it at almost any hardware store its simply "roof and gutter patch tape".
It looks like tar on a paper roll sort of like fruit roll up.

David H is offline   Reply With Quote