Old 10-09-2006   #1
Boulder, Jackson Kayak, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Send a message via Skype™ to thecraw
Jackson Kayak is growing.... BIG TIME

Just thought that I would pipe in with some info from the plant. After a great Gauley Festival, I went down to Rock Island (JK HQ) for Team Week. It was really cool. We had our whole International factory team together, training, brushing up on competition strategies, and overall just developing the strong bonds that make this team very unique.

It's hard to imagine that we are already three year old, and with that comes new designs (every three years!!!). So that means all new Funs, Stars and Rockers!!!

The new Fun and the Mega Rocker are in full production and I can only say that they are tremendous. At 205lbs and 6 feet tall, I am soooo pumped up about the Mega. This boat is going to be perfect for the bigger folks that have been looking for some volume in a creekboat. Although I loved the previous Rocker, it was always a bit on the small side for me... Not anymore! This boat has been completely re-designed with nothing but goodness. The bow lifted about 2 inches, the stern about 1 (in my opinion). The by far most safest foot system in the industry just got better by adding hinges to the foot rests so you can easily get up front for additional storage/flotation. I can't say enough of how this thing lands big drops... BUTTER!!!!

The new Fun was getting looped higher than last years Star series and has the looks like it will compete very well. Although still a riverrunner at heart, this new design definitley gets a little closer to the freestyle boat. Although I was able to fit in the Fun just fine, at 205 I definitely swamped it out and am very much looking forward to the new 4Fun which should be out in the coming weeks.

The new Rocker and Punk Rocker (smallest in the line) are both designed like the Mega and are going to offer the public some of the best sizing that has possibly ever been seen in the creeking realm. They should be out in the next couple months. No more of a one or two size boat fits all.... WE GOT THREE SIZES!!!!! and each of them is super comfortable and all come equiped with the Jackson creeker foot system... very cool...

I however am now burried with getting the JacksonRec portion of the business up and running. We are slated to have 2 lines of recreational boats out by April. Our first line will be a hybrid moving water (class I or II mabey III) to more flatwater recreation. It will be awesome for the family that is looking to paddle in streams, lakes and just have fun getting on the water. It will come in three sizes, Kids/Med/Large and be built with the same quality that has made us so popular in the three years we have been in business.

The second line (day touring rec boat) will be out Mid May and is sure to be very innovative. There will be 2 sizes 10 and 12 feet long. We started the design phase last week and I am very stoked to see where we are going.

Even though we are coming into winter.... it just good to know that it all means another great season when this snow melts off!!!!

Jackson Kayak Brand Mgr
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather...To skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... WOW !!!! What a ride!!!!!!"
thecraw is offline   Reply With Quote