Old 02-15-2007   #21
Preacher of the Profit Paddling Since: 1990

Raising the seat does increase your center of gravity, but your body learns balance very quickly. After the first night or the second you'll forget you added a seat riser. Add a piece of 1/2" thick mini cell foam under the Happy Seat. Then if you love it, you can glue it down and add some velcero to the top of it, your Happy Seat will then velcero right to the top of the pad. Or, because you can change the shape of you Happy Seat- you can just add a little air, move the beads to the center of the seat under your butt, and then remove the air to save the shape.

Don @ CK

I love to dance, but who needs the music- It throws me off.
Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007   #22
rock island, Tennessee
Paddling Since: 1984
yeah - what Don said

Don nailed it.

Yes - a bit tippier, easier to reach the surface on rolls, paddles like a smaller boat / makes your weight have a bit more leverage when throwing it around.

Most people will only use a 'seat lift' occasionally. But for people who have short torso, are really light, or are short for their boat it's a great way to maximise the leverage you've got. For everyone else it's a great thing to try at pool sessions and on familar waters when you want to throw down.

I paddled a Super-star 50% of the time last year - for the big air and extra speed - and sat up on nearly 2'' of foam for the extra leverage. In my All-star I just squished the beans under me. Hope this helps!

Clay Wright / Team JK

clayw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007   #23
NOCO, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1990
SuperFun - experience

In response to B's question: "So now to my question... I think that I might really like the boat, but it seems a bit too low in volume. "

Here is my experience, but first, I usually weigh in at 240 - 250 dressed in gear. 6'3", size 12 feet, 33" inseam. I've been paddling a SuperFun for the last 2 years.

The "Classic" SuperFun is more playful than the SuperEz (and therefore I'd argue it's more playful than the EZG60) - but it's NOT as much of a playboat for me as was the WaveSport T4. For me (devoid of pure skill and finess) - the front of the SuperFun is hard to throw down - though not quite as hard as the SuperEz .

The SuperFun isn't as crisp feeling while surfing as was the T4 and SuperEz. However, the SuperFun is SUPER easy to stern squirt, or even just throw the stern down.

I took it down the Main Salmon in mid June this past summer at higher flows (20,000 cfs) - and it was great. I also took it down Westwater when it was running about 6,500 cfs and had no problem there.

I can also take it down a small class II river and have a blast, squirting and splating from rock to rock, eddy to eddy, and catching micro surfs inbetween.

The "classic" Superfun is not as overall playful as other boats out there - but for me it works well for the following three reasons listed in order of priority:

1. All day comfort - unbeatable (at my size there aren't a ton of boats I can fit in well and comfortably - without sacrificing #2 below)

2. River Running/Playboating - allows me to run rivers without sacrificing the playbility aspect. Really the best of both worlds - though not the ultimate of either, just the best combo out there.

3. Forgiveness - not really a priority per say, but a great aspect of the boat. However, i think the boat is less "crisp or responsive" due to it being super forgiving.

FatmanZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007   #24
I wonder how the difference in plastic for the Classics will be denoted? stamped or will you just be able to "tell"?

just so I know how much cooler my new classic Xlinked is

yee haw!!!

redbeard is offline   Reply With Quote