Old 04-20-2016   #31
at my house, Montana
Paddling Since: 2020
Originally Posted by spider View Post
If you want to go tame to lame, just talk about cat frames.

I miss Casper Mike too. And Glenn. Might have to float the G to find them.
I was just wondering what glenn is up to the other day. I see Myka post on the Bozone facebook group sometimes.

I am a river, babe - I've got plenty of time, I don't know where I'm going, I'm just following the lines..... - "We are water" by Shaye
lhowemt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016   #32
Jackson, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 94
Send a message via Yahoo to Gary E
ZB- I'm down for some paddling this summer. I'll hit you fools up when I get down there. Chris M-you better show, it's been too long.

Janney-i had to run the shuttle, you got scared and walked off the creek. I wasn't going to leave you in Wyoming. Like I said, i'm getting old and soft. In the old days. I would've left you, lost your phone number and posted on here what a pussy you are. Don't start pea cocking now, everyone that knows you, knows.

I did hear Forrest is scared of harmon now, so i'll have to come down and give him a bunch of shit until he runs it.

I'll definitely hit Dave Frank up, I miss the carping rigo runs. At this point Riley will probably be throwing all of us a rope.

A lot of old faces on this thread. Glad everyone is good.

Yetti, are you still a douche bag?

Gary E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016   #33
Thought-criminal, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Haha! I came back to the buzz to sell a boat and saw this thread. Funny to see old names, read the familiar voices. A blast from the past. I pulled the cord on spending much time in here about a decade ago -- when the gentrification process began. Ownership changed hands, the look changed, the adds became obnoxious. It just became a lot less fun. Sadly, a mirror for our culture. Everyone is walking around just waiting to be offended about something stupid and omnipresent advertising is shoved down our throats everywhere you look.

Anyway, good to see you guys. Later bitches!!
I hope in the future Americans are thought of as a warlike, vicious people, because I bet a lot of high schools would pick "Americans" as their mascot. -Jack Handy
BastrdSonOfElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016   #34
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2010
Originally Posted by yetigonecrazy View Post
It seems like a lot of the old time rafting crowd are allowed to shit talk but most others are not.
THIS. The mods have turned this into a rafting board so I rarely post.
(Not that I was a massive contributor or anything, but I came here for kayak advice and info, and that's sorely lacking these days.)
FastFXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016   #35
Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1986
The banner of the rafters at the top of the home page pretty much sums it up...

Bunch of old fat white guys sitting around saying nothing important with their boats a long ways from the water.
pearen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016   #36
Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1986
Huh, I get gnarly photos in the home page banner. Stop Googling "how to sit and drink beer and get old with a boat far from water" and see what your banner changes to.
BruceB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016   #37
Glen Vegas, Florida
Paddling Since: 92
Shit, I have been paddling for most of my life, longer than most of you old farts and I am younger and better looking ta boot. Other boards that once were of high quality NPMB, boof, caliproduct and I am sure there are tons have become ghost towns. The golden era of all these boards seem to all have one thing in common quality shit talking. Whether it was Chunderboy, Randolf, or a shit load of other douche bags it was fun to read.

But extreme athletes die, douchebags get banned and boards become 400 errors. Its funny to listen to the same shit. Back in the 2000s pros use to complain that back in the 90s you could make six figures paddling. Now, pros look at the 2000s and are like, dude those guys use to get free suburus. And in another ten years pros, are going to be like there use to be rivers. Its just the evolution of the game.

Personally, I like to blame the millennial's for all of this crap, mainly Riley but we can lump in all the rest.
Pizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016   #38
Preacher of the Profit Paddling Since: 1990
Post how do you post?

This whole internet thing has me confused??? I'm sure it's just a fade and won't be here too long. You know like the RPM.
I love to dance, but who needs the music- It throws me off.
Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016   #39
Fraser, Colorado
You all are so old... you bleed Dust, so old, you taught George Washington to cross the Delaware.....
" I wish I were a headlight, on a North bound train..."
mattman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016   #40
Fraser, Colorado
So old... Old Man Scutzie leaves you in the Dust ( Ok, probly me to, but whatever...)

" I wish I were a headlight, on a North bound train..."
mattman is offline   Reply With Quote