Mountain Buzz banner

Italy/Switzerland?

3K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  mads 
#1 ·
Has anybody ever done any creeking over in Italy or Switzerland? I'm try to do a little advanced planning and see how much mulah I have to save. I think that I've heard of stuff over there and have seen some sweet pics. Is it worth the trip? I'm thinking maybe late summer/fall when things go down around CO.

Thanks,

Luke

#5 ·
So many places... so little snow pack...

I have been all over and would say go... but you state it looks like late July time and they will be out of snow. Just over Brenner Pass coming into Italy has soem KICK ASS boating. They are very low snowpack right now.
Slovakia and Austria just south of Brenner (Mayrhofen) have some great areas to creek as well.
The Upper Inn has huge volume runs that are year round even with the low snow pack.
Get it before the end of June if you are going to head over, not to mention cheaper as well that time of year before the tourist boom.

#7 ·
I was in Italy last month and skied in the Dolomites. Awesome place and way cheaper than Switzerland, but they're having a pretty weak snow year. I bet they run out of water before CO does this year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.