Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking

Old 02-28-2007   #21
Nick Turner's team did the Utah one your talking about. They also did Avon and are doing Glenwood and Frisco in CO.

craporadon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007   #22
Fort Collins/GWS, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
turner, right, isn't selznik in that crew too?
Do you know the name of their LLC or how to contact them?

adrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007   #23
the fort, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
Originally Posted by adrock
turner, right, isn't selznik in that crew too?
Do you know the name of their LLC or how to contact them?
you guys are getting all serious. i was enjoying the pissing contest between leif and the junior ranger.
By the waterside I will lay my head.
Listen to the river sing sweet songs to rock my soul.
the_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007   #24
Nick Turner's address is nick.turner@riverrestoration.org
craporadon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007   #25
Originally Posted by the_dude
i was enjoying the pissing contest between leif and the junior ranger.
I'm thinking Milo's already got the Junior Ranger thing covered...not sure that one's up for grabs. You'll know it when you spot a JuniorRanger420 posting.

And on a positive note, I really appreciate all the work that everyone has done on this project. Especially Matt, who has not given up on it after all these years. I'll be so stoked to have a playpark in my back yard when this finally happens!
holley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007   #26
Indian Hills
Yea concrete, rocks are fun to jump around on and maybe tagg.

Are we sure the water will be there in the future?

miker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007   #27
Bham, Washington
Paddling Since: 1997
Water will be a big issue in the future. I saw a presentation at USGS this winter on the impacts of glade reservoir to instream flow on the Poudre through town and the conclusions were not good. The presenters predicted instream flows would be reduced by 50% through town if Glade is built and operational.

I feel though that we as a community have to opportunity to block construction/design of Glade. Lots of communities around CO have opposed reservoir projects and actually won. What it takes the willingness to be involved with the process and stand up against the juggernaut. Currently Glade is in EIS process and a preliminary draft is due out soon. After it is made publicly available there will be a comment period and that will be the time to let the USACE, local, and state representatives know how our community feels about the project.
The high side of good - Daniel D
Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007   #28
Leadvillian, Colorado
As an occasional resident of fort fun I would like to thank everyone who has donated their time to this project. I hope this allows me to go on the record as offically "not" being a naysayer. Not only would I rather not drink booty beer, but I will go so far as to say I will buy a beer for each of you involved after my first cartwheel in the new feature.

That being said, my $.02...

Nothing ever gets accomplished by puerile insults thrown around a message board. COFC was open in their belief that they were stretched thin with their park and rec's budget. They certainly weren't going to build a playpark on their own. When it gets built it will be as a result of volunteer work by paddlers such as "boof on your head" Force. So rather than insulting their hard work a much need thanks is more in order.
Matt J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007   #29
park building companies...

Does the city have to use an open bid process for choosing who will create the drops? Nick Turner's group may be better that Lacy's company if you look at % successfull features built.

Anyone know when the glenwood park is scheduled to be built? I'm too lazy to do the search.

brandonschmit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007   #30
Engineer, Vail
Sorry for relaying all the information I had about the project to the buzz. I guess there are some things that the "sensitive types" just shouldn't hear. If you say something good about it everyone is happy. If you say communicate problems associated with it, all the sudden your insulting it and everyone involved. Why not let people know the good with the bad. Maybe I'm not an optimist, but I'm certainly a realist. I proboly should go with the goverments modo of "if nobody knows then theres not a problem". But not to worry... to make it up to ya I'll be handing out maxi pads downtown today(extra absorbant).
Say one thing wrong around here and all the sudden we got people like Emberton dropping his power words like "My Firm" and his fancy smancy acronyms that nobody understands. Sorry buddy, but all the hydrologic equations in the world are not going to solve the problems associated with this project.

kakahead is offline   Reply With Quote