Old 10-29-2010   #1
Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
Is Lendal still in business?

Does anybody know if Lendal is still around and making whitewater paddles? I think I heard something about churn in their ownership and their website just seems to be in an archived state.

KSC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010   #2
ashland, Oregon
Paddling Since: 2000
I could be wrong...but I believe Johnson Outdoors bought them a few years back and promptly discontinued whitewater paddles, just like they did when they bought Necky (but boats of course)

pretender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010   #3
Jenks, Oklahoma
I got to the lendal site from johnson outdoors home page and it looks like johnson outdoors is the parent company. If you want to order a lendal paddle I would check out lendal dot com. I have a couple of the old made in Scotland Lendal breakdowns and like them. I wonder if the quality of construction has held up under Johnson Outdoors ownership.

johnsonoutdoors dot com Website Under Construction
okieboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010   #4
Highlands Ranch, CO Paddling Since: 1993
Johnson Outdoors no longer owns lendal, they sold it to Nigel Dennis if I remember correctly. He is based in the UK, so I am not sure of any sort of distribution at this time in the US.
stinginrivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010   #5
Copper Mountain, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Last I knew Matty at Ten Mile Creek Kayaks in Frisco has them. I held a few models in my hands, and don't remember them being anything but breakdown paddles. Good if your going to be making a lot of flights with your paddle I suppose.
Cphilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010   #6
Highlands Ranch, CO Paddling Since: 1993
Yep Matty has some left the others that carried them in the past are Confluence Kayaks, CKS, and Mild to Wild in Durango.

Give them a call to see if they still have what you are looking for, and yes they were only 4 piece breakdowns, as Johnson Outdoors in there infinite wisdom discontinued over 75% of the lendal line when they brought them over from the UK.
stinginrivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010   #7
tempe, Arizona
Paddling Since: 1992
Lendal is still around if you want product

Yes Nigel Dennis of Sea Kayak UK has Lendal.
they have white water paddles still. they are famous for there 4 peice sets that lock together as if a solid one peice. they work amazingly.

i paddle with lendal for white water and for sea.
in fact i am using the paddles for an upcoming sea kayak expedition along the coast of New Zealand.

currently distribution has been cut back, though you can still order the products you find at via

I was just in the UK and i got to talk with Nigel and see all the product he still has and some of the new ideas he will be producing soon.

Lendal IS back as good as before.
Oleegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010   #8
holyhead, holyhead uk
Paddling Since: 2003
hi guys lendal is back in the UK and open

The website is being work on but it is there in the mean time you can get in contact with us on

paddle safe
lendal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010   #9
Golden, Colorado
Good to hear. Those Lendal breakdown paddles have a good name in Colorado. I'm going to get one soon.

I took a swim once and lost my paddle. I was pretty shaken and was trying to use some cheapo breakdown and my nerves were shot and that cheap paddle just made it worse and I ended up getting out and gave up while I was still alive. Those Lendals are just as good as my primary paddle and I wish I would have had one of them that day.
Ture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010   #10
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1988
We still have some in stock - 25% off

We have carried Lendal at Confluence, but have not been contacted regarding their distribution or availability in the states yet. We do our have our remaining stock available at 25% off.

they are sweet, and are the most solid breakdown paddles around.

come git sum, or call 303-433-3676

Juan De Confluence is offline   Reply With Quote