Old 04-30-2004   #1
Send a message via AIM to boatsnbumps
Is confluence still closed?

I heard from a friend that the whitewater park was closed intill the end of april, but the flows say its running near 900 cfs. Does anybody know if its open now?

boatsnbumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004   #2
um? is it closed? because I went boating there last weekend and I didn't know it was closed. and seeing as all my immunizations are up to date and it is running 900cfs and I am desperate to boat I'm going tomorrow from 8-10am, or until I get arrested

BEANER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004   #3
Niave, niave.....

Confluence was never closed.

What your friend is confused by is a closed sign put on the foot bridge just before Confluence.....but it didn't refer to Confluence Park.

They have been working on putting in another foot bridge about 1/4 mile below Confluence Park. The pushed some gravel in the river bank, changed the river flow a little, and to cover their ass, they declared the river closed at that point. They did this a little more than a year ago. Then a flood washed out their gravel pile so they delayed construction for a year--the whole time keeping the closed sign up.

And we wonder why government instructions don't have much credibility........

900 cfs is a bit much for confluence park. It may be washed out. Some of the drops for the 1/2 mile below confluence may be real good. There is a tressle bridge about 3/4 of a mile below confluence which gets a real good wave at this level.

Enjoy, and don't believe all the hype about the poison water at confluence. It's only a true a small amount.
cstork is offline   Reply With Quote

Posting Rules