Old 05-11-2011   #1
Crested Butte, Colorado
Paddling Since: 82
invasive species stickers

Last year I ordered 5 of these stickers for my middle for trip. They took 3 weeks to show up...., I was on the river by the time they got to me. We ended up buying some at a retailer in Boise. I never did get checked for these stickers last year, Is anyone going to check this year?

CB Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011   #2
Have paddled a Quest
Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1984
I ran the Selway the past two years and ordered online as well. I just printed the receipt and took that with me. I was not checked either year.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
Marco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011   #3
Moscow, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1995
A friend of mine was just checked for his invasive species sticker when he went to put on Lake Lowell for a flatwater paddle. The lake is right near Boise and is frequented by power boaters, so it's not exactly the Middle Fork or Selway put-in. Nonetheless, the sherriff knew the scope of the law very well and insisted that kayaks (of any length) and inflatables over 10 ft. were not exempt. It's a $60 fine if they catch you without one and you might not be able to put on.

That said, there seems to be significantly less enforcement on Forest Service land. The Payettes might be an exception to that observation. Just buy one at an outfitter in Boise (Idaho River Sports) and save yourself some hassle and heartache if they do check you at the launch.
"A river is more than an amenity, it is a treasure."
-Oliver Wendell Holmes writing for the majority in New Jersey v. New York
phlyingfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011   #4
most weekends up on the payettes, Idaho
Paddling Since: 83
this is a state sticker not fed

Lake lowell is not a good indication----they have full time deputies and on weekends they will check every single boat. Most are power boats.

I've never been checked on the Payette---

Never heard of being checked on the salmon----but I have been checked outside Weiser (on way to Riggins) and out side of Marsing (on way to Owyhee)

If you are coming in from out of state there is a chance you could be checked at one of the roadside stations.

If you are coming thru boise then just buy one at IRS.
Sidnye is offline   Reply With Quote