Old 05-24-2005   #1
Intermediate paddlers - clubs/groups ??

New to area/sport and looking for partners/clubs/groups to hook up with in the Denver area. Interests/thoughts and recommendations??

rockycreeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005   #2
New boaters group

Were a group of Newbies, Rusty’s and Class 2&3 boaters from on the Front Range.
There is always someone from the group out paddling something mellowish somewhere, days, nights and weekends. Check out the link and join us for some fun, roll practice or maybe even a swim!!!

Colorado kayakers

Don't do anything, just stand there.
rasdoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005   #3
oh yeah
define "intermediate"
danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005   #4
Superior, Colorado
Send a message via AIM to Lurch

They have trips for all levels of boaters and something going on every weekend. Trip leaders now the rivers very well and it's a great place to meet other boaters to paddel with out side of the club.
Lurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005   #5
I too find myself in nomans land my bros either want to do stuff thats over my head or play the same hole/playpark endlesssly,on the other end my beginner friends are afraid of the stuff i like.Maybe we could start a group for intermediates to advanced but not hair boaters,like Rasdoggy's group,call it the CLASS IV CHACHIS
CWA is a good organization and everything but i prefer a less structured group just friends runnin' stuff and enjoying a few cold ones afterwards
rocky call me if you want to run something 303 399 8572 jay
cayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005   #6
Send a message via Yahoo to Kris M
cayo - I'm with you. Not into the club thing - just running rivers and having fun with friends. I am also looking for people to paddle with that like the more advanced but not 'the hair'. Give a call 303-870-3223 - Kris
Kris M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005   #7
Kris M and Cayo....what runs are of interest to you ? What is advanced but not "hair"?

Eric Montagne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005   #8
Basalt, CO Paddling Since: 2000
I with you Cayo

Hey Guys, I just moved to Denver this past August from the Northwest. I paddle class III at the start of the season and usually progress in IV later in the season. I just boated the Westwater section of the Colorado two weekends ago.

I am a teacher and I am out of school as of this Friday. Unfortunately I am headed back to the Northwest for the remainder of the summer starting June 6th.

I would love to paddle: Pumphouse, Something on the poudre, Deckers, Lower Clear creek, Taylor, or Brown's canyon.

If anyone is interested give me a call:

local 303 - 306 - 7376 leave a message I never pick up this phoneline
cell 314 - 304 - 3074 best way to get a hold of me

Hope to find someone to paddle with this weekend.
boonecounty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005   #9
Send a message via Yahoo to Kris M
My definition of intermediate to advanced runs: Numbers, Royal Gorge, Upper/Lower Mish., Browns, Lower Clear Creek.
Kris M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005   #10
Ft. Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
Fort Collins Boaters...

For those of you in Fort Collins area or those that boat the poudre often, Check out the CSU "outing club" (outdoor club). Lots of kayakers in teh club. Its not very organized, just a mailing list where people send out messages to get together for "trips". You dont have to be a student either, i used to be but am not anymore so any fort collins boaters are encouraged to sign up. To sign up for the mailing list go here:

Also, Im setting up a whitewater saftey/rescue class throught the club being taught by Nick Wigston on the Poudre in June, the class is only $125 for 2 days of on-river instruction. Get on the mailing list for more details.

afox is offline   Reply With Quote