Oh my official count is
Lotsa 2
riverswimmer 1
Leifs mom 0
Pete you better pay up!

boof512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013   #12
Mad Scientist/Creeker
Thank you Nathan and Cayo for re-directing this thread in a semi-constructive direction. This is a serious trip and by contributing to the cause you'll be funding a documentary film and web series aimed at raising awareness about the hydro-development situation in Patagonia and Chile's energy future in general. Links to the project page and fundraising page -

Somos del Rio | Reel Motion Media

Explore Projects | Community Funded

As Nathan mentioned there is a budget breakdown in the project description on the fundraising page. Don't get me wrong, there will be paddling, as the film is intended to follow our investigation as river conservationists and paddlers into these watersheds in Patagonia. For certain part of our interest in these rivers remaining free flowing is so that everyone can continue to recreate in them into the future. There is much more to the story however including the people who inhabit the watersheds, the energy demand in the more populated northern parts of Chile, Chile's desire to continue to develop, alternative energy projects and many other variables. It's a complicated story that we want to share from numerous first hand viewpoints, including our own.

As for lotsawater, aka self described film lackey/paddling "entertainment" aka carnage reel star, I will take this wager any day. I've been hitting the pool sessions with the other Leif, the one with the mullet and the correct pronunciation of the fine Scandinavian name, so callously bastardized by Leif's (Life's) parent's while doing a brief stint with the hippie earth cult Chewbaca's Revenge while Leif's mom was pregnant with him (this also explains a few "irregularities" with Life's physique and speech - they were so blissfully unaware of the effects of drugs and Star Wars re-enactments on the unborn children then).
My boof is as strong as the mulleted ones and approaching his wife's prowess. I have also been in my kayak once or twice in the past four years, including a couple of trips to Idaho where there is enough water to safely call it big water training.
And if you've read this far maybe you're interested in some of the cool things you can get by funding our project - Shred Ready Helmet, Guayaki Yerb Mate, Coffee shop gift cards, signed copies of Whitewater of the Southern Rockies, canvas prints, limited edition t-shirts, Odell's beer, and tons of other goodies. It's a no brainer. Thanks!

Evan Stafford
Cub boater: "What do the spiders mean?" Old fart boater: "Trust your intuition." CRCII
RiverWrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013   #13
Bazzaro, World
Paddling Since: 2020
Why all the hate on the "D-BAG rafters/snobs/boulderites/Idahoians." They are the ones with the money you seek.

All I got for ya is a beer and high 5.
Bound is boatless man
dirtbagkayaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013   #14
Paddling Since: 96
Good luck with this project, Evan. Wish I could help you out myself but my budget doesn't allow that right now. I do have a thought of a potential source with deep pockets. PM to be sent.
Phil U. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013   #15
Bham, Washington
Paddling Since: 1997
Pete, Pete, Pete. I feel confident in my much so I'll up the ante and add that he loser shall attend this year's Gnarrow's race extravaganza and wear nothing but a bannana hammock through the festivities and post race party.

I've seen your boof or lack thereof and am not too worried.
The high side of good - Daniel D
Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013   #16
Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Originally Posted by lotsawater View Post
Imyers--I think you're missing the point, like you miss your boof. We are going down to Chile to make a movie in the hopes of raising awareness about the consequences of this type of hydroelectric project. Yes we will be doing some paddling however that is not the focus. Thank you for your input and good luck on your funding your paddling trip.
I have been known to miss my boof from time to time...

but seriously, I apologize for my smart-ass remark.... I just found it hard to control myself considering the crowd your trying to solicit $ from.

I was serious when I wished you guys luck with the project.
GARNA’s mission is to foster stewardship of the resources of the greater Arkansas River region through education, volunteerism and experiences.
lmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013   #17

Life, this isn't Arizona and you can't just get on a plane when you're scared and go home, at least not for as cheap. You're mom and I have been traveling all over the world touring red light districts to try and find her a job. We have collected quite a few "frequent flyer" miles.

If you get really scared we can probably pool some miles and get you a ticket home, for some warm milk and cookies.

Did your toes grow back by the way?
hey diddle diddle...
lotsawater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013   #18
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
It's been too long since I've heard some good Leif's mom jokes.

If you haven't checked out the trailer, do it! This is an awesome project and there is some great swag to be had for donations.
stubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013   #19
That's the best you can come up with Lief. To see my amazing Man Muscle in a bikini....not that I'm going to lose mind you. We can't have that Lief, it's too much for you to risk. When your wife sees my glistening baby arm she will be overcome with passion and surely become enraged in lust. Only to divorce you a year later to search out the only thing she can think about in the deepest jungles of Ecuador...The Gringo Mandingo.

All of these years being away from my charm has dulled your wit. I was whispering some pillow talk into your Mom's ear the other night and she agreed. Your slippin' brother. Get your shit together and come up with a real bet. Me revealing my amazing body can only hinder your happiness, not to mention my amazing tattoos have been known to put spells on women.

Evan you have kids so I'll leave you out of this. And truthfully I'm a little scared of your wife.

hey diddle diddle...
lotsawater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013   #20
Edmond, Oklahoma
Paddling Since: 1988
no more bikini comments bru! your grossing me out. been building some sick fly rods and wondering what would suite your fancy down south? 9ft 6wt? or bigger?

robfather is offline   Reply With Quote