Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking

Old 11-30-2004   #11
looking for buds in mexico

hola amigos,
i'm sola down in mexico and seeking some friends to paddle with. i'll be headed towards xalapa, veracruz next week. are you there? gracias. AQ

AQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004   #12
crested butte, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1990
Send a message via Yahoo to milo

milo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004   #13
Claire Although it's been awhile CR in 85 and Chile in 91 both are great first international boating trips. international travel 101 if you will. Rudimentary spanish will work in both places and even in 85 with not near as many gringo trvelers most people wanted to speack english. In Southern Chile where the water is good spanish is rwquiered but I was able to eat travel and find dance partners with little problem and my spanish is lame at best. I won't comment on boating much cuz we we're running bucket boats and displacement huls in those days. But both were awsome and even tho they are both gringo freindly. they were still foreign enough. have fun steve

Will raft for beer. We did a 10 day private on the bio in 91. There were good rapids every day. We went to temuco first and did our food pack then ended up in Los Angeles. If I remember right The high water on the dam was to stop at a cool little hot spring just below Lava south and lost yak rapids the 2 most technical we found One eyed jack was the hardest(rip) there is also a rapid named Jug buster that at the time was like tunnel but it was a new rock slide so it has probably changed. The road from LA to the hot springs was dirt at the time it is now paved. O also saw a picture of Lake powel type lodging on the lake so it may be a diffrent place now but if those rapids I mentioned are still in play it would well be worth the effort. peace sj

sj is offline   Reply With Quote