Old 01-05-2005   #1
Idaho trip?

I really enjoyed my Idaho trip last year.

I'm looking to join a group for a trip this summer. Anyone have plans? Anyone want to go in for getting a Selway permit?

I'm a class IV+ boater with a fun/safe attitude. I'm happy to hook up at a pool session.

stiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005   #2
Idaho is great. My first experience with Idaho whitewater was last year and I'll never forget it. I'm applying for a Selway permit too. It's sort of like winning the lottery for a river rat, but you never know, it could happen. Even if I don't get the permit, I'd like to set up a trip to Idaho in late May. If you have any good ideas, run them by me.

cemartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005   #3
if you are there during runoff, go to yellowpine. 4+ paradise, some 5, sweet play, and NO other boaters. we asked everyone we met around the lochsa, payettes, clearwater, salmon... no one had any beta. if the flows look way too high compared to what the idaho book says, go anyway, i think the window is small. so. fork salmon, e. fork so. fork salmon, johnson creek, secesh. i keep telling people who are heading for idaho to check it out, but it takes a couple hours to get in there, you can't get a latte, and there are no single women in the bar.
mccann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005   #4
Boise, Idaho
The rivers in the Yellowpine area are my favorite in ID. The window isn't as small as you think. Everything goes for a few months on an average year. If you catch it big, it will be something you will never forget. Stay off the Sesech at flows higher than 5 ft if you have never been there unless you are an experienced class V adventure boater. It's very remote. I will be geting it done all season long and as always everyone should feel free to give me a shout when they come this way.

ID Surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005   #5
Thanks for the beta on Idaho. I've only run the Lochsa and Middle Fork Salmon in Idaho, but it sounds like that's just the tip of the iceburg. I'd really like to set up a trip to Idaho this year with some fellow Colorado boaters.

As for the lates and women, I'll take my coffee black. Those lates are a little too high dollar for this college student.
Arn't there any single women up there ID Surfer?
cemartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005   #6
Boise, Idaho
I'm sure there is plenty of action for the single folks at BSU, but if you are coming up here to paddle we'll be out in the woods. If you are lookin' to snuggle up with someone around the campfire in Yellowpine you better import. See ya in the spring!

ID Surfer is offline   Reply With Quote