Old 05-24-2004   #1
i need to meet some more IV-V boaters!

OK, so I'm *not* new to the area, but I still need to meet boaters!

Beautiful day yesterday, sunny, water was up, and I didn't have anyone to boat with!! Partly a fluke with some friends being busy etc, but still.... I'd like some more connections so this doesn't happen again!

I'll boat scout most IVs and paddle V's that I have the option of scouting and portaging. I'm current on swiftwater rescue and first responder. I don't like rushing down really hard stuff. Playboating and creeking both good. I've done Gore, Bailey, Clear Cr, lower S Boulder Cr, etc, but at the moment am not interested in stuff like upper SBC, Cheesman, or big falls.

Hook me up!

mountainbuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004   #2
Seattle, Washington
Paddling Since: 1999
Send a message via AIM to JCKeck1
Hey Claire, gimme a call sometime and I'll go out with you. You should definitely check out the Source at lower water. I'd like to go on wednesday afternoon if the levels are right. I'm moving back down to the Ark valley on thursday, so make sure to get a hold of me if you head down there this summer - clear creek of the ark is another awesome run that would be up your alley.
(303) 594-9733

JCKeck1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004   #3
Englewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1978
Hey Claire-

I thought I saw you driving out the the Ark on Friday, but I guess it wasn't you.

I think you had my number at one point, but it's 303-870-6991. I'm about the same as you in terms of how and where I draw the line in class V. Adam Mayo and I will be studying for the bar exam till late July, so I know we will need a weekly trip to Bailey to save our collective sanity. I plan to boat most weekends, too, of course. Just call whenever.

Steve Phillips
Join up, suckas.

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid."
- Soren Kierkegaard
Caspian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004   #4
Teacher, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
i feel your pain

I to know what it is like to be with out a crew to go run some cool stuff.. So if you ever want to paddle give me a call at 970-218-4228.. I will be on the source and ssv tommarow!
I usually have sun, mon, tuesday off!!
boof512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004   #5

Pretty sure that I just did the Swiftwater rescue course with you recently. I'm on the cusp of jumping into some class V's but right now I am hitting as many IV's as I can. I do several trips to clear creek and am probably going tuesday after work, to do Upper. Always up for IV's and possibly V's in the next few weeks. Give me a call if you ever want to go, always game for a trip to clear creek before work too.

zhensley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004   #6
Claire....Well, I already know you, but if you'd like to 'meet' to do some paddling on that kinda stuff Id be siked to go with you. Im in the Ark valley, so Ark stuff, clear creek and lake creek are on the agenda most days after work but I plan on travelling in CO to creek on my days off (Thursday, Friday) untill the water runs out. Gimme a call or email if you want to meet up somewhere on those days.

Incidentally, most of my core creekin crew has Sat/Sun off, so Im semi-crewless for the summer. If any class 5ers out there have Thurs/Fri off and want to creek on those days drop me a line at my Mtn-buzz inbox.

Meng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004   #7
Thanks for the replies! My cell is 941-350-7650.

Zach i'm on the fence about paddling tonight (uh, is upper different from blackrock?)- what time are you going? I think Brian from the class and his crew are running Blackrock and I was thinking of joining-maybe you're with them? This summer I'm finishing up my degree and can't paddle as much as I want, but at least now it's looking like when I can paddle I've got some more connections... thanks again, I'm psyched!
mountainbuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004   #8
no. I'm holding out a little bit longer before I hit blackrock.. I was going to hit the section above blackrock, but with flows dropping I might just do the trusty lower Cleer Creek. I'm thinking about a trip down to the ark this weekend, numbers/pine creek. Couple more of those and then I'd like to hit blackrock. let me know.

zhensley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004   #9
zach- yeah, blackrock had my attention - last week was my first time there. A friend of mine wants to get on lower CC and I haven't been on it in a few years, so perhaps we could meet up next week and do that? This week is not so open b/c I'm going to ohio fri - mon. Let's talk about next week - i'll call!

steve, i'm totally in on impromptu bailey runs... i'm planning on finishing my dissertation soon too so i understand needing the sanity breaks
claire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004   #10
Mountains on the river!!!, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2002
lower cc

if anyone is interested, im planning on lower clear creek on friday morning or midday. depending on flows / weather.

ski_kayak365 is offline   Reply With Quote