Old 08-20-2010   #1
I need a XL Kokatat GMER! Grand Canyon Tips

Anyone out there needing to sell one of these or know where I can get one on sale? (I am open to other brands for the right price but know that Kokatat are bomber) Let me know. I am headed to the Grand Canyon in March and decided to start my gear hunt early.

Also any recommendations on crucial gear or tips (like a Bushmills traveler for the ole vest pocket to calm the nerves before hitting the meat) would be welcome as well.

Ryanrugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010   #2
Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Muck/cement boots. They will be your best friends for several reasons: after you get out of your paddling gear you can walk out to the boats without getting your feet wet (you will do this a lot), they keep the sand out and they are generally quite warm. March nights are cool to cold and wet feet are less than ideal. Also shoes at night go a long to to prevent cracked and bleeding feet. The overboot style works well, if you go with the standard type make sure that they fit well - a girl on my trip got blisters from a poor fit on hers - but they were pink so she got style points. They also make peeing in the river easier for girls as they can be standing in shallow water when they squat instead of trying to stand on dry land while peeing into the river. Of course a pee bucket can also take care of this issue.

I have a GMER drysuit, it rocks, not parting with it anytime in the foreseeable future though. Anybody I know that has the semi-dry SuperNova paddling suit says that they are a great option at a much lower price point. As long as the neoprene neck gasket fits you properly it is essentially dry. And for under $400 it is way more economical. (The Kayak Centre | Kokatat SuperNova Paddling Suit)

raftus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010   #3
Helena, Montana
Paddling Since: 2008
If you can wait, in years past NRS has had one of the Kokatat drysuits they carry on their 20/20 sale in December (each day Dec 1 - Dec 20 a single item is 20% off).
Fash is offline   Reply With Quote