Old 07-02-2007   #11
I am the customer that Kevin is talking about in the original post. First, thanks much to Kevin for taking the time to post that and lending me his personal boat for this summer till this point.

Joel, I was about to contact you directly regarding this in hopes that you could do something about this issue. As Kevin said, I brought this boat into the Mountain Shop in Fort Collins on Feb 11 and have been constantly talking to the Mountain Shop about about the status of it. They have been getting the run around from Confluence since the beginning. They have sent picture of the cracks which, to me, clearly look like a warranty issue and haven't heard anything other than "we are looking into into it". I have attempted to contact Jeff (don't know his last name) at Confluence and have heard nothing back after leaving messages. I heard after several months The Mountain Shop contacted you and was hopeful that you might be able to do something about it. The last time I talked to them they had not heard back from you either. I am not mentioning this to indict you since this issue is not directly your problem, only to say that the Mountain Shop has gone out of their way to help me in dealing with a corporation that is stonewalling it customers.

At this point, I would like to hear how Confluence expects me to proceed next? Since I have followed their stated policy of trying to work through a shop with no luck, it seems to me the only way to get results it to bring this out in a public forum.

Rick Gaudette

rickg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007   #12
185 lb. waste of space, Keeping Glenwood Springs real
Paddling Since: 1864
Joel and Hobie, once again I want to thank you for your work. Everyone who is reading this, this situation is not their fault and if you flame either of them I will hunt you down. Joel, thank you for your post on Confluence and I hope those actions occur sooner than later. I am worried about how long it will take to revamp an entire system because somebody has been told to say exactly what in this situation, down to the phone operator.

We have also had our fair share of EZG warranties, this was just the last one to come in. And if you think we are lucky think again, because the reason why this is our last one is that The Mountain Shop (Ft. Collins) is closing its doors. I will agree with you that it is hard to make money off of boats, they always want you to buy more, more, more and the margin after shipping is so small its not worth it. As a small shop we can't do that, we didn't even carry whitewater this year and now we are closing up.

Joel, that is who I work for The Mountain Shop. Probably not your favorite of places but you have always been helpful to me. Hope to see you all on the river.

970-217-21 six six
yourrealdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007   #13
Golden, Colorado
This kind of worries me. As you know I bought an EZG from you last year. I bought it cause I thought it would be a good all around boat that I could hang on to for a while and I bought it new so I would have a warantee. I love it, but I don't boat it that often since I'm always in my creek boat. Do EZG's really crack that often? How long is the warrantee for that sort of thing? Is mine bound to crack after the warantee is up since I only boat it a few times a year after the creeks have dried up? Do I have to get out there and start pounding it to make sure it won't crack before the warantee is up? (Not that it sounds like Wavesport will replace it anyway)
blutzski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007   #14
outdoor bum
Remember the old school WS plastic it was bomber like the old Dagger cross link my Response was made with.
Production cost and volume has a price.
Hmmm wonder when the last time Prijon change their blend ??
Good luck rickg
boulderite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007   #15
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1992
"It is clear to me, unless I am proved wrong, that in this business, it is the enthusiast that runs it, not the financial people, if you are going to be successful," added Nathanson. "If you want the numbers to come, you have to make a commitment to the culture. This will be different, and a bit of a challenge as this is not the way I would normally manage."

This quote by Nathanson sounds like he might have a grasp on the nature of this business. If not, we might be seeing business evoluiton take place.
TimWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007   #16
Bham, Washington
Paddling Since: 1997

the mtn shop is closing its doors? say it isn't so kevin, say it isn't so.
The high side of good - Daniel D
Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007   #17
185 lb. waste of space, Keeping Glenwood Springs real
Paddling Since: 1864
Its all your fault too, if you weren't out there running the gnar on Bull Lake then you could have stood outside with a sign waving it frantically like the Little Caesars guys do. It could have saved us. It is true The Mountain Shop done.
970-217-21 six six
yourrealdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007   #18
God Amongst Men
Phuoc My, Da Nang, THE 'NAM
Paddling Since: 1845
yeah, kind of agree with whoever said "dont buy WS"....

still, soemthing needs to be done. im thinking, sackage of this corporate ownership? show up to their pretty little boardroom with a bunch of smelly kayaks and smelly kayakers in river gear. threaten some beatings unless shit changes. send the RCRE in there, the upper management at this alleged "Confluence" company will come crawling out on their knees crying after twenty minutes under those guys. sad to hear about boaters getting screwed by the system, it fuckin happens and it sucks when it does.

maybe buy a Liquid Logic next time so you dont have the design flaws to begin with...?
"Don't f$&@ing eddy out, just run it! Whaddya doin??" -LMyers
yetigonecrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007   #19
Boof it like you stole it
G-wood Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1997
Laziness in mass production

I think the problem is in the mass production of boats. The more the mass, the lesser of quality.
Boat manufacturers "test" their plastics making sure the pour is even in all areas, in all parts. The more places you test, the more confidence they'll have in their products. Long story short......LiquidLogic does the most extensive plastic tests out there. As a result, they back their product.
boofyak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007   #20
I kayak DH.
Greater tri cities metro area, Colorado
they didn't for me. MANY cracks in a short span of time & had to spend a fortune to get a new hull. (unlike riot, at least they let me buy a hull though)

Don't buy Jackson (I want them to stay low quantity so my boats are always well built)

Waterwindpowderrock is offline   Reply With Quote